Creating a TOC with multiple image and other files

Hi folks: 

I have been using Evernote for a while now (paid user), the question that I am struggling over is this:

- I have a directory of Jpgs, PDFs, Txt docs in a directory which contain all my Personal docs (DL, Passport etc) which are named very well

- Is there any way that I can select all those files and create a TOC with links to them (the files are in a Dropbox folder) ?

Thanks for pointing me to a solution.

Sanjay

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, opethnote said:

Is there any way that I can select all those files and create a TOC with links to them (the files are in a Dropbox folder) ?

Which device/platforms are you using?

Is there a reason you're keeping these files in a directory instead of importing them into Evernote?
My process is to store all my data in Evernote.  I use encryption to protect my sensitive data.

File links can be generated for dropbox files, so it's possible to create a ToC Note1315294769_ScreenShot2018-05-24at05_03_49.png.ce66cd05bf3792f94f75ff68cc8b352b.png

2008206740_ScreenShot2018-05-24at05_01_20.png.8f49adc006ca629afabc43f64ddfee12.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 05.03.49.png

6 hours ago, opethnote said:

Is there any way that I can select all those files and create a TOC with links to them (the files are in a Dropbox folder) ?

You will have to create individual links to these files from DropBox so I don't think there is an easy way to do it.

If you want to keep them on DropBox, I would start an Evernote with a table in it, and start copying the hyperlinks from each file into that table where I would put the Description of the file into the first column and the hyperlink into the second.

Like @DTLow suggested, if you don't mind putting them in Evernote, you can drag all those files in one swoop (assuming you have the DropBox folder on your computer, not the web app) and copy them to your Evernote Import folder (assuming you have an Evernote import folder established), which would import them into Evernote then select all those and create a TOC within Evernote. This would be the fastest way of doing in.

Archived