Evernote not updating/synchr. on Windows PC

Hi,

I am experiencing technical issues, using evernote in my PC Wind7 , 64 bit.

I never had problems, up to last weeks suddenly. I am using just 2 devices and done that for years now.

I tried EVERYTHING on the support list and nothing worked.

I still get the red exclamation mark...

I cannot email to support, so this is my last chance. What can I do to get it running again?

BR
Peter

• Level 5*
On 5/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, PITg said:

Hi,

I am experiencing technical issues, using evernote in my PC Wind7 , 64 bit.

I never had problems, up to last weeks suddenly. I am using just 2 devices and done that for years now.

I tried EVERYTHING on the support list and nothing worked.

I still get the red exclamation mark...

I cannot email to support, so this is my last chance. What can I do to get it running again?

BR
Peter

Hold the Ctrl key and press the sync icon.  Any notes displayed are the ones that aren't syncing.  Modify them in some fashion to see if they will then sync.

5 hours ago, CalS said:

Hold the Ctrl key and press the sync icon.  Any notes displayed are the ones that aren't syncing.  Modify them in some fashion to see if they will then sync.

Thx, but it does not show any notes then.

So i guess the notes are okay?

R u sure it is Crtl?

3 hours ago, jefito said:

Also, look at your activity log (Help / Activity Log) to see whether any specific problems, like network issues, are occurring.

Thank you,

I checked it, but I cannot see any problems.

Maybe I am not able to read it properly, or someone else would find a problem.

Is there anything else I can do?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PITg said:

Thx, but it does not show any notes then.

So i guess the notes are okay?

R u sure it is Crtl?

It is Ctrl.  Not sure it makes a difference, but were you in all notes context when you hit Ctrl+Sync?

Have you compared note counts on the web versus your desktop?  No guarantee, but if the totals match it’s a good sign.  May not be current due to the no sync though.  

Next you might try EN twitter support, or chat, if you are a paid subscriber.  They may see something in the log file.  

Last step is to move the data base and sync with the server.  Risk is losing any updates that didn’t sync. 

Post back if you like. 

• 2 weeks later...

I need help with this, too. I have worked with chat and tech services for over 6 hours during the past 7 days on the non-syncing issue. We have made no progress, even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times. I am a premium user who needs help.  The ticket # is 2524673.  

I am in desperate need of help. I was on a remote session with Austin G. on 6/4 for over an hour, and he could NOT fix the problem. He said he needed to research offline, and I have not heard from him or anyone else since. Ticket # 2524673.  

Not only that, but before my session with him I could select the files in my sync folder and "send to" Evernote. Now I do not even have that functionality. This problem needs to be escalated ASAP.

OK - I just fixed the problem myself. 

When I set the path for the import folder in Evernote Tools, the screen would show the correct path: ?\documents\scans to evernote.  However, when I exited that screen and then went back into check the import folder path, it had ALWAYS changed the path to b:\documents\scans to evernote. I mentioned this numerous times to the support chat and sent screen shots, and the Evernote guy who remoted into my PC even saw it, but no one could figure it out.

Today, I looked at my network drive, and it is mapped to B:\.  Since the import folder will only look on the B drive, I moved my "scans to evernote" folder to that drive, redirected the import folder path, and now it works just fine.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I did not make any changes from the time that it worked until the time that it stopped working. Why does it need to map to the network drive?

Archived