Return2Basics

evernote Text Being Overwritten - How Do You Stop This?

I use Evernote daily & haven't encountered this problem before, but while typing additional details into a note, it suddenly started overwriting previous text. So now I can only type new text. I cannot go back and add to what's already there or correct a typo. It is not the "Insert" key doing this. As you click a letter to place the cursor there, it no longer blinks, it highlights the letter. Normally, if this happened by accident, simply hitting the left or right arrow keys would resolve this and you can type away. But this now only highlights the next or previous letter. This is extremely frustrating as well as time consuming & I don't know how to make it stop doing this. Did I accidentally turn this feature on or is this a glitch?

Hi.  With a mobile device I'd suggest you sync the notes you have,  uninstall the app and restart the device to clear memory,  and then reinstall.

Is this on an iPad?

There is a feature on iPads where if you tap with two fingers, it selects an entire word. If you double tap with two fingers, it selects an entire sentence. If you accidentally do this, and keep typing, it overwrites what you selected.

I’ve done this many times, and I don’t know any good way around it (other than hitting undo, or using an external keyboard). 

I am having the same issue (Windows 7, desktop application).  I did not see a resolution on this thread.  Can anyone help me?

I did find that it is only occurring in the one note.  Works fine in any other note, and copying all text into new note allows it to work fine.  Would still like to know resolution.

It is possible that I accidentally pressed several different unknown keys when it started happening.

19 minutes ago, Andrew Zwart said:

I am having the same issue (Windows 7, desktop application).  I did not see a resolution on this thread.  Can anyone help me?

I did find that it is only occurring in the one note.  Works fine in any other note, and copying all text into new note allows it to work fine.  Would still like to know resolution.

It is possible that I accidentally pressed several different unknown keys when it started happening.

Don't know.  But you could try copying the entire note into a new note and see if that solves the problem.

• Like 1