Generito

Firefox Problem with clipping pdf

When trying to clip PDF web pages. This appears to have started after upgrading Windows 10 to V 1803. This is happening with both Firefox and Edge. Reloading the page accomplishes nothing.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:52 AM, Generito said:

When trying to clip PDF web pages. This appears to have started after upgrading Windows 10 to V 1803. This is happening with both Firefox and Edge. Reloading the page accomplishes nothing.

The issue, which is NOT stated correctly, is the after upgrading to Windows 10(64 bit) version 1803, I receive a message stating "This page needs to be reloaded before you can clip it. Reload the page and try again". I am unable to clip ANY PDF pages since this started.

webclipper.JPG

I have a similar problem. I am running Firefox on Windows 7. When I try to clip a PDF web page, evernote suggests reloading endlessly.
The following log message is output at every attempt, but I'm not sure if it is relevant.

/n23:39:23 GMT+0900 (WARN) moz-extension://f71ced89-6b0e-478b-bae8-97d13d3419e7/background.html: Unable to toggle clipper, tab loaded, but main coordinator is not
B/<@moz-extension://f71ced89-6b0e-478b-bae8-97d13d3419e7/js/main/Extension.js:3:11423

Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit). Evernote Web Clipper 6.13.2.

• Like 1

I am running the same Firefox version as you. My problem started with the previous version of Firefox,  I guess 60.0.0 and I was hoping the new version would help. Well That's interesting because I'm running Windows 10(64 bit) and it started when I upgraded to V 1803, I think... Did yours start with the new Firefox update?

I've tested older versions of Firefox on Windows 10 if clipping a pdf works. The result is as follows.

59.0.1 OK

59.0.3 OK

60.0 NG

60.0.1 NG

I think the problem is introduced at 60.0.

• Like 1

Nice troubleshooting, thanks. I'll update my issue. Now we just need Evernote to fix it.

I heard from one of technical support staff of Evernote that they have recognized the issue.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

It's about time they recognize it. I've been looking for a solution for weeks. Glad to see others taking the time to bring it to their attention. Thanks to all!

+1 I encountered the same problem using Firefox 60.0.2 on OS X High Sierra. Please fix

I encountered the same problem using Firefox 60.0.2 on OS X High Sierra.

Same problem on Mac OS Sierra with Firefox 60.0.2 and Evernote Webclipper 6.13.2. There's a second hread on the same issue out there.

My current workaround: I have Firefox show the .pdf, then use the "save document" function to actually chose "open document with" and select Evernote from the list of programs.

It's a week now, that i am forced to either clip pdfs with safari or download them and grad & drop them into my evernote mac app. Could somebody of evernote maybe fix this ?

Just downloaded latest evernote: 6.13.13.7425 no help for this issue. No new web clipper available...

Yes, this is happening to me as well (61.0.1/64-bit)--and it has been happening for a while.

Well, I'm just gonna leave this here for reference:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1225125

Seems to be a smart security feature by chrome. Still Evernote should work around it finally ?

I'm having the same issue with the web clipper not clipping PDF pages. The clipper suggests reloading the page, reloading does not fix the problem.

Firefox v 61.0.2
Evernote v6.14.5.7671
Clipper v6.13.2

Still no fix? Having a similar message when trying to clip a PDF (reload page). Firefox ESR 60.2.2 on Windows 7 and Firefox 62.0.3 on Windows 10. In Chrome V69.0.3497.100, the EN add-in works.

I see that Chrome works. Problem is I hate Chrome. But thanks for the update. I may have to use chrome when I need to clip a PDF. What a pain.

I also have the same problem using the latest versions of firefox (63.0.3) and Evernote Web Clipper (6.13.2) and I am hugely disappointed (just upgraded to premium version, because I need to be able to deal with many pdf files). Can't believe, this problem seems to exist for more than half a year now.

I finally switched browsers I am using Vivaldi now it appears to be an offshoot of chrome but it has the vertical tabs that I used to like in Firefox and Web Clipper works well.

I have the same problem on Firefox. But works fine on Chrome. So, I temporary switch the browser; but it is annoying.