Most notes not synced on Evernote for Mac desktop

Not sure if I've missed something in the Preferences, but most of my notes are not available on the desktop Mac app. The desktop app is basically useless, because I need to fish all my old notes through the browser version. Is this a bug or a feature?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You should be able to force a sync on the Mac with Cmd+Opt+Sync.  If you're logged into both accounts with the same details,  you should be able to see the same notes.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, MandolinKnight said:

most of my notes are not available on the desktop Mac app.

To rebuild your Mac database Press the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync icon 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, MandolinKnight said:

Forgot to mention, I have the same problem with three different Mac running the app. So it's clearly not an issue with the computer.

You can view your note counts in the sidebar.  Are the numbers different for each computer?1652228164_ScreenShot2018-06-09at05_03_28.png.43c8a8cf0649cc83aa36f639206e52d5.png

This occured to me on Evernote for Mac: In 'All Notes' I only saw the notes from today and yesterday. The count shows over 4k notes but in the display there was only 6 notes. The notes were not gone because I could see them in the notebooks. I prefer to work with 'All Notes' and make my search in 'All Notes' so it was first a schock to see only 6 from 4k notes.

Checking the web app and Evernote for iOS I saw the notes in 'All Notes' are all there. So it can only be the App for Mac which has a faillure.

After removing Evernote from my Mac the first time the error is still there. But after removing Evernote with all its related files form the Mac the programm works again and I can see all notes in 'All Notes' again.

I Hope this will help.

Edwin

Archived