Synchronise Evernote with other printers - scanners

Guest Reeb

Guest Reeb

Dear Sir,

Is it possible that using Evernote or scansnap is able to retrieve files that are in the process of scanning by a HP Deskjet printer? I just want to ask that a HP Deskjet printer connected via USB cable to a laptop without network card connection, that is it possible to remotely obtain the document that is still under scanning using Evernote or scansnap ? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Guest Reeb said:

I just want to ask that a HP Deskjet printer connected via USB cable to a laptop without network card connection

There are printers/scanners that can be used to print via the cloud.

1. The printer/scanner has to be connected to the internet
  2. Printing has to be initiated by a computer.  Printers can't do document retrieval on their own.

You can use an all-in-one (printing/scanning) to scan and print documents; i.e. a copier.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have an HP XP605 (printer/ scanner/ copier) that I use from time to time for scans.  It saves an image to my computer which I can convert to PDF,  then OCR and add to Evernote.  It's not as immediate or direct as a ScanSnap,  but it does the job - and it will accept books and other documents I don't want to hack apart so they go through the sheet-fed scanner.

Archived