Clipper 7.2 for Chrome now Available

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi Folks - 

We've just released version 7.2 of Clipper on Chrome. You can download the latest Clipper from the Chrome Web Store here. This release: 

• Re-introduces keyboard shortcut functionality previously available in Clipper 6. If you don't use these yet, it's worth checking out in Options as it makes Clipping even faster.
  • We've addressed a number of bugs. Some key ones to call out are: 
    • Clipping gets stuck after pressing Enter key on Screenshot capture dialog
    • Show full tag name popup when mouse cursor over on tag name.
    • Unable to add tags while tag is added in Always tag with option
    • Some pages not working well when Clipper is installed (see https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112731-evernote-web-clipper-leaking-into-application-code/)
    • Options: Added tag in "Always tag with" is incorrectly displayed
    • Amazon: Missing product description on preview for some products
    • Search for notebook is no longer case sensitive
    • Clipper 7 launches 'https://evernote.com/?firstlaunch' on its own on Chrome
    • Messages window appears when clipping LinkedIn articles
    • Auto-complete tags based on terms within the tag
  • We've also improved performance - you should now see the Clipper load more quickly

Please let us know if you have any feedback on version 7.2 and any requests for our next update. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Clipper Team

20 replies to this idea

The web clipper continues to show allegedly 'related notes' — regardless of which options I select

Yes, I have the correct settings. No, they do not work. I still see a second-long 'flash' of these so-called 'related notes.'

I do not want to see 'related notes'. The feature is useless to me. Rather, it is annoying. 

When will this be fixed?

• Level 5*
On 6/14/2018 at 11:00 AM, pcammall said:

Chantal, does Evernote know when version 7.3 will be made available in the Chrome Web Store and otherwise made available as an update? Thanks in advance.

It is available now: 

On 5/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, JMichaelTX said:

Thanks for the update.

Can you please tell us if there are any features in Clipper 6.13.2 that are still missing from 7.2?

Nothing we plan on bringing back at the moment -> we've reduced some of the sharing options post clip, but that's by design to simplify the overhead of selecting between many choices. Let us know if there's something you're especially keen to hear about. 

On 5/15/2018 at 6:04 AM, Fil Salustri said:

Currently doesn't work with the recent Gmail redesign.

Specifically, when clipping a conversation in the new Gmail, on Chrome for MacOS it just does nothing at all; and on Chrome for ChromeOS, it tries but finds an "undefined" email message.

We've just released version 7.3 which fixes this! 

On 5/15/2018 at 11:44 PM, Dinh Hai Dang said:

New web clipper screws up the format in simplified article (title is surprisingly big in the app client, previous version didn't have this problem). It was fine until this new update screws everything up. Can you guys not release new stuff that breaks the old stuff?

We've just release version 7.3 which fixes this! 

• Level 5*

On some web sites, not all, the font gets really blown up, to 91 in one instance.  Ended up taking a screen shot with a tool that enables screenshots of more than just the visible part of a web page.

Not sure whether the tag issues that started approximately a week ago are related to the new Web Clipper version or are strictly related to the tagging function.

Regardless of what I try to clip—article, simplified article, full page, etc.—I experience the following issues during the web clip:

1. After I create each new tag—I am creating more than one tag for the web clip—only the first tag I create is saved along with the clip. I later realized that just before saving, this sole tag is the only one visible between the oval "Add tag" field and the "Add remark" section.
  2. As above, but none of the new tags I create is saved along with the clip.
  3. After I try to tag by using a combination of existing and newly created tags, only the existing tags are saved along with the clip.
  4. After I try to tag by using only existing tags—more than one—only the first existing tag is saved along with the clip.
  5. After I try to tag by using a single existing tag or a single newly created tag, neither is saved along with the clip.

Evernote Web Clipper v.7.2.1
Google Chrome v.66.0.3359.170

New web clipper screws up the format in simplified article (title is surprisingly big in the app client, previous version didn't have this problem). It was fine until this new update screws everything up. Can you guys not release new stuff that breaks the old stuff?

I tried to catch up on a bunch of open tabs that I stopped clipping from because of how shoddy and broken the new Clipper is.

After using 7.2, I am now in an infinite loop where the same pdf gets re-added again and again. I have quit chrome, I have restarted evernote, I delete the duplicates, but I keep getting the pdf re-added. Seems like evernote server is in a loop or something ridiculous.

...10 minutes later and it seems to have settled down. Only had to delete about 12 duplicates.

If it helps debugging, I was trying to clip from multiple tabs at once.

Now what was I doing... oh yeah, trying to be productive but instead I went into another rabbit hole of working around evernote bugs.

I have 7.2 installed and continue to have the same problem as the past month, which is that the web clipper doesn't work in Chrome (66.0.3359.181), in Windows 7. The icon is installed, but clicking on it does not result in any action.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the clipper extension. Is there anything I might be missing?

Dave

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Chantal Leonard said:

Please let us know if you have any feedback on version 7.2 and any requests for our next update. 

Thanks for the update.

Can you please tell us if there are any features in Clipper 6.13.2 that are still missing from 7.2?

Hi there. I love this extension and use it frequently, but today Chrome asked me to accept new permissions including "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit." That sounds incredibly broad. Can you clarify/explain this permission request? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Fil Salustri said:

Specifically, when clipping a conversation in the new Gmail, on Chrome for MacOS it just does nothing at all; and on Chrome for ChromeOS, it tries but finds an "undefined" email message.

Hi Fil - we're working on this at the moment and will make sure it's included in our next release. I know it's painful not to have this work, hang in there. 

Archived