Feature Request: Note content linking

I use Evernote as a journalling solution. 
It would be useful to link the content in "JOURNAL" notebook entries to other notes that summarise a particular area/subject. 
I record any health issues in the "JOURNAL", which records my activities on a daily basis. 
I would like to be able to pull these into a single summary note that contains all those same issues, by date.

Example, visiting Periohealth, recorded in my "JOURNAL". 
In my summary "Health" note I would want to make a link of the detail.

At present, I can only link the entire "JOURNAL" note, but this means going through all of a day's activities, when all I want noted is the visit to Periohealth.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, pjh625 said:

It would be useful to link the content in "JOURNAL" notebook entries to other notes that summarise a particular area/subject.

That's not currently feasible within Evernote,  and I'd imagine could require some expensive development work.  Wouldn't have thought this is likely to be a cost-effective new feature...

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, pjh625 said:

Example, visiting Periohealth, recorded in my "JOURNAL". 
In my summary "Health" note I would want to make a link of the detail.

I work in the other direction; I use separate small notes to record details like "visiting Periohealth".

I can include a link in other notes, like my daily journal.

I can also pull together a list of these notes using different categories.

Thanks for your interest.

I understand that there are other solutions, but having already entered the detail, rather than copy and paste or the small note solution (effectively "off piste") the linking possibility is attractive.

• Level 5*
On 5/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, pjh625 said:

I would like to be able to pull these into a single summary note that contains all those same issues, by date.

Which device platforms do you use?

I see two steps to the solution

1. Identify the text, for example  <_Health>visiting Periohealth</_Health>
  2. A simple text search for "_Health" identifies the notes having entries
    We've discussed using a script (Mac) to extract and consolidate the entries into a summary note.

Archived