Sorry, you've lost me

Through lack of any other feedback mechanism to voice my opinion.

I really like evernote, although I've only been using it for about 4 months.
It has lots of issues, but it felt I should persevere, mainly because its not microsoft, or google or any other sellout thats going to sell my account information or take ownership of my content.

But someone is obviously wanting to cash in their chips, because my 5MB of text documents are too much to store without asking for a ludicrous amount of money to access via a web page and app api.

I'm not using this for collaboration in a company, its not a productivity tool that means I'm more efficient so I can make squillions of dollars, its just a notepad+++, I'm just putting my how-tos in it so I can add to it when I get home.

If it was AU$5 a year, I'd consider it, I'd probably even buy the sub, mainly to support evernote, but US$40 on special! really, you want $80 a year minimum? Dreaming.
So I'll tolerate the badgering banner that pops up at the top of the screen every time I refresh the page, only as so long as I haven't copy/pasted into RTFs.

Shame.

• Level 5*

A slightly confusing post; I think your point is the price for a paid subscription (Premium) is too high, and you'll be staying at the free Basic Account level.

I'm not seeing a problem, if it's working for you.  Personally, I couldn't manage with the Basic Account limits on note size and upload limit.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, sedman said:

But someone is obviously wanting to cash in their chips, because my 5MB of text documents are too much to store without asking for a ludicrous amount of money to access via a web page and app api.

??

You can use a free account, and store a lot more than 5MB in it. I sure have more than that in my work account (I pay for my personal account)...

I pay $69.99 a year, that is $0.19 per day for me to keep all my ideas, important documents, notes in one location that I can access from numerous devices.

Further, I create 14.50 notes per day on average. So it is costing me $0.013 per note! That is a penny basically per note!! And I have much more valuable information than a penny in every note.

I get that people do not want to pay for a lot of services, apps etc. But if the value is there, you should be able to drill down into how much it is saving you. Cost vs. value analysis is where it is.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TK0047 said:

I get that people do not want to pay for a lot of services, apps etc. But if the value is there, you should be able to drill down into how much it is saving you. Cost vs. value analysis is where it is.

Yeah, I just looked at my coffee budget vs. a Premium subscription. Not even close... :) 

Archived