Merging notes and moving attachments

Hi

I’m a huge fan of Evernote and have gone paperless for my personal administration using it.

Two features I can’t seem to find on the iOS version. Maybe i’m missing something.

1. How to merge two notes.

2. How to drag and drop .pdf .xls .doc files between notes. I can create a new note with the document in it by dragging to the notes column but not place it in an existing note. 

These features are important so that I don’t duplicate notes holding documents covering the same topic. When I’m at home I can use the desktop version to tidy things up but not possible when traveling or working remotely.

Any feedback would be appreciated! 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, KathrynBassett said:

Fantastic! Any way to keep it from including the "Author: Kathryn Bassett" line?

You lost me, but that may be a Windows feature I'm not familiar with.

The notes are "separated" by the title of the note, with Author... like the screen capture shown. I can manually edit it to delete that line but wanted to not have it in the first place. Not important in the grand scheme of things as I was able to copy/paste the new combined note into both WordPerfect and Word, and I can search/replace there.

EvernoteClip.jpg

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, KathrynBassett said:

The notes are "separated" by the title of the note, with Author... like the screen capture shown. I can manually edit it to delete that line but wanted to not have it in the first place. Not important in the grand scheme of things as I was able to copy/paste the new combined note into both WordPerfect and Word, and I can search/replace there.

EvernoteClip.jpg

Go to Tools - Optiions and I think Note (not on my PC at the moment) to select your merge options. 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 5/14/2018 at 6:29 PM, DTLow said:

Not an option on the IOS platform.  I have to use the Mac/Win platforms.
There's a feature request posted at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/22393-merging-notes-on-the-ipad/

...and ignored by EN for 9 years so don't hold your breath It is an odd world.If a coder sat down with users and actually coded what is required he would make a killing.As a starting point options should be standard on whatever platform you are using or make these options available on web version.