Jump to content
vzhz

Attempting to back-up notes elsewhere without needing to upgrade

Recommended Posts

I have been using Evernote (basic/free edition) on my Android phone for some time. I am hoping to save my notes, delete those that I no longer refer to regularly, and continue using Evernote.

The instructions I've found for download have you do it from the desktop app and I am now being prompted to upgrade so I can use evernote on multiple devices. How can I export my notes (preferably to my computer) without an upgrade? If I unsync my android and begin using the computer as my Evernote device, will my notes be saved there?

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, vzhz said:

If I unsync my android and begin using the computer as my Evernote device, will my notes be saved there?

Your notes are sync'd to the Evernote servers.

You can revoke acess to your Android device, allowing you to use your Computer.  
Your notes will then be sync'd to your computer.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the response. When one exports notes from a notebook, where in your system do they export to? I expected then to be in downloads but they aren't there.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, vzhz said:

When one exports notes from a notebook, where in your system do they export to? I expected then to be in downloads but they aren't there.

When I export notes on my Mac, I get this window to specify the export details. 1405974434_ScreenShot2018-05-14at10_12_50.png.100ec84eeb4578b2c82993ee3b48cd6c.png
The location is specified in the Where box

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vzhz said:

Thanks for the response. When one exports notes from a notebook, where in your system do they export to? I expected then to be in downloads but they aren't there.

You should see a save dialog when you export notes.  Are you using Mac or Windows desktop? 

Also, you should be able to have your computer and your android active at the same time.  The Basic limit is two active devices.  Do you have a third?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...