OldGrantonian

Is Evernote version 5.5.3 still supported?

I have EN version 6.11.2, on Win 10 Pro.

Question 1:  What is the earliest version of Evernote  that would be supported by  EN support - or even by the generous volunteers on this forum?

On my old external backups, I can see Evernote_5.5.3.4236

Question 2: What is the earliest verion of Evernote that would still be compatible with my current database? In other words, if I connect an old version of EN to my current database, will something explode?

Objective:  I want to step backwards through my old versions until I find a version that does not have the following bug - which is beginning to drive me mad:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/113093-cant-edit-note-on-first-click/

BTW:  I'm not interested in any formatting features. None of my notes are formatted. Plain text, plus images, is fine by me. 

You can find old versions of Evernote software here: https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/

I have no idea if a version like 5.5.3 is supported or not, or if it even works. Make a backup of your database and try it. If it doesn't work, then you'd need to delete the database, and re-download it with the old version.

Definitely not - I don't even have the tools on my machine to build it!

57 minutes ago, dconnet said:

Definitely not - I don't even have the tools on my machine to build it!

So what is the oldest version that you would still support?  ?

Thanks.

There were a lot of complaints when the upgrades around version 6.9, 6.10, and 6.11 were released.

After contacting the 3rd-party support offered by Evernote a few times, I decided my safest move was to downgrade.

I am currently running version Windows 6.6.4.5512 (305512) Public successfully with no hiccups.  

1 hour ago, jbenson2 said:

I am currently running version Windows 6.6.4.5512 (305512) Public successfully with no hiccups.  

I downloaded version 6.6.4. It seems to be working fine. Any new note, or opened note, is in "active" mode immediately. So I don't need to kick-start it by clicking and prodding a few times.

Thanks for that suggestion. It saved me a lot of possible experimentation ?

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, OldGrantonian said:

So what is the oldest version that you would still support?

I'm not support, so this is not an official answer. My answer? v6.13.1. In the 5 years I've been here, we've never released a fix on an old version (that I can remember) - we put that fix into the new version (I'm ignoring betas - we have hotfixed the main release during an active beta cycle). Supporting multiple concurrent versions is a nightmare.

28 minutes ago, dconnet said:

My answer? v6.13.1

I thought the most up-to-date version was Evernote_6.11.2 ?

5 minutes ago, OldGrantonian said:

I thought the most up-to-date version was Evernote_6.11.2 ?

Oh, sorry. I was looking at my production version - which is on the beta track. You're right!