Unable to connect to Evernote service

Is the issue still going on? Sometimes there are technical issues with the Evernote servers and sync may not be available at the time.

A good resource to check during those times is:

http://status.evernote.com/

So if servers are operating as they should and you have good internet connection, there might be another issue. Do your other devices sync properly? Like a Mac app. If so, you might want to delete the Evernote app on your iOS and reinstall. See if that would work.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, blueacidic said:

I have not installed on any other devices other than my iPhone, and am planning to. However notes are not syncing and I'm still facing the same issue. If I reinstall the app, I'll lose unsync data right?

Hi.  Any unsynced data would be lost.  Do you have many unsynced notes?

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, autopatch said:

This has been happening to me consistently for about four months and in every circumstance I’m fully connected to data connection. Any word on when this will be fixed?

Hi.  As a Premium user have you contacted Support about this?  I'm pretty sure as far as they are concerned there's no fault to be 'fixed' here - something up to 220M connections are made to the servers daily - there are busy times and occasional glitches,  but AFAIK I've had connection issues about twice in the last year. They were resolved transparently within minutes or hours without my having to do anything other than keep on working.  If you have a different experience then some data on what exactly is happening on your system would be helpful to them - and might improve your situation!

On 8/4/2018 at 11:58 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  As a Premium user have you contacted Support about this?  I'm pretty sure as far as they are concerned there's no fault to be 'fixed' here - something up to 220M connections are made to the servers daily - there are busy times and occasional glitches,  but AFAIK I've had connection issues about twice in the last year. They were resolved transparently within minutes or hours without my having to do anything other than keep on working.  If you have a different experience then some data on what exactly is happening on your system would be helpful to them - and might improve your situation!

For the last several months, every time I open (or fastswitch) to the iOS mobile app, regardless of the time of day, connection type, or connection speed, I have received a popup error message which says "Unable to sync" (see the image of the dialog box in the top of this thread). This condition has remained this way through several iOS upgrades and at least one or two Evernote App updates. As far as I can tell, I haven't lost any data. The message only appears on first entering the app.

I don't know if this is related, but there is the number "30" in a red circle in the upper right of the app icon, and no matter what I do the number seems to never go away, increase nor decrease.

It's not clear what that 30 means and while browsing inside the app there is nothing that appears to require attention, and also nothing that matches the number 30.

Historically I've found these types of recurring annoyances to resolve themselves within two app update cycles; however this time around the problems seem to be persistent.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The number 30 suggests you have at least that many unsynced notes,  so don't uninstall your current app unless and until you can identify which notes are affected,  otherwise you'll lose whatever information is stored locally.  I still say a conversation with Support is the best route - I'm not an iOS user,  though several folks around here have experience in that direction...

Hi

Same problem here. I cant connect with Evernote account anymore. I have all my notes in it. Not working with Win 10 anymore. I cant find the solution. I think I am going to OneNote which I dont like it. But I hope it works better. I didnt knew that Evernote is such a *****.

• Level 5*
On 8/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, aljo_petek said:

Hi

Same problem here. I cant connect with Evernote account anymore. I have all my notes in it. Not working with Win 10 anymore. I cant find the solution. I think I am going to OneNote which I dont like it. But I hope it works better. I didnt knew that Evernote is such a *****.

This is an iOS thread - if you're unable to contact the servers,  are you running an older version of the app?  

Hi, I downloaded and it works. What a life safe for me. I have over 10.000 notes at work. Version from 6.8 to the last one are to slow. Its faster to go to paper managment  than use the newest version of Evernote. With my boss we are looking for alternatives at the moment. We are testing OneNote but its not close to Evernote. It is interesting how good manage stacks. Evernote should have one more stack to add. Bytheway - at my friend office, they are already switch to OneNote. They canceled long time memberhip to Evernote. I just hope Evernote not getting worse.

Archived