I've had this issue for years now on multiple phones. If I have a notification due today, then I edit the note on another platform to change the notification to say tomorrow, when my android syncs the notification comes up at that point. So I end up with all these dodgy notifications when they shouldn't be coming up. My work around is to disable all Evernote notifications on my Android, and just use my google calendar to create a notification by default for evernote notes synced via cronofy. Maybe these issues are somehow related to Cronofy sync, since others aren't reporting this fault, is it just me?

Can we please fix the notifications, it would be far more useful to have these working for direct access to the note rather than the workaround.

• Level 5

You're not alone. At any rate, what I see seems similar to what you report. If I have a notification/reminder set in Evernote, and then change it, it still pops up at the original time. This is especially true if the change is made close to the notification time. I don't think it's related to Cronofy (which I also use), since the notifications that pop up for me are from Evernote, not the calendar. To me, it seems as if Evernote at some point pushes an upcoming notification into the Android system, which then retains it, even if the notification is reset in Evernote. But I'm totally guessing on that; I have no idea what's really happening technically.

I've kind of learned to live with it. The Cronofy-only alternative could be a good workaround. Another option that I've explored lately is not to set an Evernote reminder, but copy the note link and paste it into the description field of a calendar event. I can then set all the reminders I want for that event, and when it pops up I can tap the link to go to the note.

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, Michael Goulding said:

Sad this continues to be an issue for me. I've raised a support ticket for it. If anyone else is seeing the issue, please add your +1 here and help get this fixed.

+1's here won't cut it,  but a new voting thread in the general Feature Requests forum might help get some traction...

So what is the purpose of having a "possible bugs/technical issues" forum if Evernote aren't going to look at it? Surely it would be beneficial to monitor this forum and fix bugs raised before tying up their support resources dealing with individuals?

I have reported these issues to support previously and again this week.

Today I got a response about a different bug from support  the "Evernote Expertise Network" who "are not affiliated with Evernote" advising me that bug (regarding Android search) had been reported by "several users" and I should uninstall and reinstall the app (which doesn't work).

This support system is totally broken.

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, Michael Goulding said:

Actually, you're probably right, they seem to be more into adding stuff than fixing anything of late.

Er,  didn't say that.  "Feature Requests" can include things that don't work the way you think they should...

It's fine to raise a bug report,  but you may have noticed there's a lot of reports on a variety of things,  some of which may be simple code errors,  and others may need a major rewrite of something basic.  Evernote will set a priority to fix stuff,  but users might have different ideas about the order of things...

• Level 5
On 9/16/2018 at 10:09 PM, Michael Goulding said:

Sad this continues to be an issue for me. I've raised a support ticket for it. If anyone else is seeing the issue, please add your +1 here and help get this fixed.

Please do let us know here if you get a response from Support. Odd notifications continue to be a problem for me as well. Often, if I just edit a note that has a notification, I will immediately get a notification for that note, even if the actual set notification is for some time in the future. It doesn't happen with every note, and I haven't been able to pick out a pattern.

Archived