willvroo

Create new notes without opening a new window?

I have evernote downloaded on my pc. Whenever I add a new note to a notebook, it opens the note in a whole new window. I then have to type something into the note in the window and then close it to begin typing in the normal workspace again. Is there a way to change it so that when I open a new note it just opens up into the normal workplace? 

so this first image is what it normally looks like right? (ignore the text it's just some old adobe notes I used for the example)

2146730526_evernotehelp1.thumb.PNG.e9d11d33f31ab255de087406882cc738.PNG

However, when I open a new note it opens a window like this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.7da910ff5404c92ef7c930abc0f42188.PNG

Can I get the note to open straight to the normal workplace so it would just open like the following picture? 

462728152_evernotehelpfinal.PNG.5149153ea0a3523965d8691d0447938c.PNG

Actually I just found the answer, I don't know if the post will be approved now that I've finally found a solution but in case it does and in case anyone else needs the answer go to Tools at the top, select Options, then click "Create a new note in a new window" I've highlighted it in the following picture:

2018021794_foundsolutionevernote.PNG.b74d9078729ccd91615abfb2fc6cf8e6.PNG

Go to TOOLS --> OPTIONS and uncheck create new note in a new window. Hope this helps.

image.png.9bbef75d7b724e9a59b0334b80a7abed.png

• Like 1

I've been searching the forum for an answer & have looked at my Evernote on the web & desktop. To the best of my knowledge "Tools" and "Options" has been removed with update. I too would like to know this answer, as I encounter it every day. Thx in advance. 

6 minutes ago, Robb Gorringe said:

I've been searching the forum for an answer & have looked at my Evernote on the web & desktop. To the best of my knowledge "Tools" and "Options" has been removed with update. I too would like to know this answer, as I encounter it every day. Thx in advance. 

Which version of EN are you running?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robb Gorringe said:

Version 7.2.3

Mac?

9 minutes ago, Robb Gorringe said:

Yes, I'm on Mac. But I don't see tools or options on web version as well.

Yeah, more of a Windows user here, light Mac usage.  Not sure the function is available or not on the Mac.

You are welcome.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Robb Gorringe said:

Thanks so much @CalS I'm sure a solution will come about soon. Happy Memorial Day too.

Just pulled out my Mac.  The current version of EN for Mac is 7.10.  There is a big plus sign in a green button in the left panel.  Click on that and you get a new note, not in its own window.  Other than that....

I am on mac and just figured out this issue. When I first open evernote its displaying all notes, when Ipress the green + sign it opens a new window.

I noticed i had it set In evernote general options to: by default place new notes into the following notebook "evernote"

If i change the top dropdown from "all notes" to "evernote" then when i press the green + it opens in the same window without creating a new window. 

Hope this helps someone :)