Evernote No Longer My #1 - Sync Issues

Evernote is no longer syncing and what's even weirder is that I'm logged into Evernote and it's asking me to enter my password to sync across devices or click cancel not to sync, but even when I enter password it still doesn't sync. Instead it shows a red exclamation mark on top of the sync button. It seems like it wants me to upgrade to truly sync. Otherwise, why would it ask for my password when I'm already logged in and give me two options like I have a choice when it still defaults to no sync either way. Goodbye Evernote

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, millionairemom2014 said:

Evernote is no longer syncing 

Which device/platforms?

Is web access still functional?

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!! I had finally decided to give evernote a try, and started with a free account; giving myself 6 months to really understand evernote, before upgrading. lately though, when i clip anything, it isn't clipping to evernote, and usually, the initial link is lost as well, leaving a blank note with no info as to where it came from, or what the subject was. i had started an "evernote~backup" in pocket, just to make sure the data wasn't completely lost. This started out as a temporary fix; believing evernote would remedy the problem asap, but now, after a couple months, the problem is continually getting worse, and i've had to switch solely, to pocket, which has none of the features i had come to love and rely on in evernote. Has anyone found a fix, or any suggestions??

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, millionairemom2014 said:

Evernote is no longer syncing and what's even weirder is that I'm logged into Evernote and it's asking me to enter my password to sync across devices or click cancel not to sync, but even when I enter password it still doesn't sync.

A screen cap might help people here to see what's going on.

11 hours ago, millionairemom2014 said:

Instead it shows a red exclamation mark on top of the sync button. It seems like it wants me to upgrade to truly sync.

That means that there's a sync problem. Two things: I believe that if you hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the Sync button, it will give you a list of notes with sync problems. Second, the activity log (Help / Activity Log) might give some clues as to what's going on. Get onto evernotehelps on twitter (https://twitter.com/evernotehelps) and someone there should be able to help you. It's a sync problem; they are not trying to get you to upgrade.

• 7 months later...

I was a premium member a year ago, but after frequent note corruptions from sync issues I have gone back to a free account, and mostly use the Android mobile app and the web version.  I hope the new CEO gets these issues fixed.  I can't use a note program that loses my notes!

• 2 months later...

I've been a premium user for years and I'm having the same issue. It asks me for a password to sync then won't sync, only asks me for my password again. I've reset my password and still the same problem. I guess I'll have to say goodbye to Evernote.

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, mgwallace64 said:

It asks me for a password to sync then won't sync, only asks me for my password again. I've reset my password and still the same problem.

Evernote has never asked me a password to sync.  I only enter a password when I start up Evernote; to login to my account

I use an Ipad (IOS) and a Mac

Which device/platform are you using?

I finally joined Evernote as a paying subscriber and after sincerely attempting to make the best use of it on my osx laptop and iphone I am fed up and ready to leave.

While the details are ample in the community forums and across the internet (I wish I'd researched a bit before subscribing), the ones that make this an unusable tool for me are:
- constant reloading of notes without remembering where I was just barely working
- horrible editor (repositioning and hiding cursor, etc, etc, etc)
- slow interface (I need to get to work *now*, not 30s from now, which leads to forgotten thoughts and quickly accumulates wasted time)

I've given it a hearty chance and I'm so disappointed that I requested a refund. However, Evernote pointed the finger to Apple to get my refund and Apple outright refused (automatic response) without considering my request in any way.

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums, @truecam, and sorry to hear of your bad experiences. Which method are you using to access Evernote -- Web interface in a browser, Mac desktop app, etc.? The reloading issue on the Web interface seems to be something that has shown up fairly recently, and is under discussion in this thread and others:

Others have also complained of the slowness of some versions of the Web interface. As to the refund issue ... I'm a Windows user, so I don't have a clue there. (Other than to say that I was under the impression that Apple was run by fairies and unicorns, so I'm just shocked ... shocked that they don't want to give you your money back. :o :))

Here's my experience: the week of February 27, 2019, PC Chrome Web Client was working fine (everything could be viewed on Mac Web Client - I think I tested both Safari and Chrome). However, my Mac client wouldn't sync (OSX Mojave). After uninstalling the client and downloading from Evernote's website, my notes started syncing correctly. Yes, if I wake up my MBP from a deep sleep, it takes ~20 seconds for the notes to sync, but it works.

Fast forward to March 22 (see the link in the post above), now PC Chrome Web Client keeps having issues syncing (haven't testing web client on Mac). There's no Evernote version to update and Chrome is up to date. 

@mgwallace64 Were you using the Windows Client or web client when you were asked for password?

@truecam Were you using the Mac client or web client on your OSX laptop? Did you receive "Note failed to update" messages?

Archived