Checklist skills 101

I'm loving my checklists :-)

I type a number, say '1', then period, then space, then checkbox, then content.

<CR> gets me a lovely 2. with ready=made checkboz, and so on.

Questions;

1. if I've started my note with a checklist, how do I create a space above to place a heading within the note?

2. If I want to remove checklist items within the list, a straightforward backspace loses me the numerical sequence. The items following the deletion start numbering from 1.

How do I remove items within a checklist without losing the number sequence?

3. How do I reliably switch from checklist to plain text at the end of the list? I have done it, but without really knowing how. :-)

tia

pete

• Level 5*

You'll get more specific instructions if you identify your device/platform

>>1.  if I've started my note with a checklist, how do I create a space above to place a heading within the note?

On my Mac, I go to the top and hit new line,11715003_ScreenShot2018-05-10at09_36_13.png.16a90d3d443ca94d2d29229410381632.png
It defaults to #1 in the checklist, but this is removed by clicking on the checkist icon.

>>2. If I want to remove checklist items within the list, a straightforward backspace loses me the numerical sequence. The items following the deletion start numbering from 1.

At the false #1, I click  backspace then newline. 

>>3. How do I reliably switch from checklist to plain text at the end of the list? 

As per #1; I click on newline, then the checklist icon.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, peterlemer said:

I'm loving my checklists ?

I type a number, say '1', then period, then space, then checkbox, then content.

<CR> gets me a lovely 2. with ready=made checkboz, and so on.

Questions;

1. if I've started my note with a checklist, how do I create a space above to place a heading within the note?

2. If I want to remove checklist items within the list, a straightforward backspace loses me the numerical sequence. The items following the deletion start numbering from 1.

How do I remove items within a checklist without losing the number sequence?

3. How do I reliably switch from checklist to plain text at the end of the list? I have done it, but without really knowing how. ?

tia

pete

For a numbered list, go to the beginning of the line of the first item and hit enter, 1 now becomes 2.  Go to the new line 1 and remove the number format, click on the numbering icon.  Hit enter on a blank line at the end of the list and the numbers will stop.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, peterlemer said:

brilliant! thanks CalS. How about removing items from the middle of a list without losing the sequence?

pete

You are welcome.  Highlight from beginning of line(s) you want to remove to beginning of first line you want to keep.  Hit Delete.

• Level 5*

For information,  the new Windows beta (6.13.1) includes various features and fixes including "Numbered lists keep their numbering sequence intact consistently". 

Haven't had any time to play yet,  and don't hold your breath for the public version: the beta came out today - but they're working on it.  Apparently...

Archived