Windows - Hot Key for Date only

RicknTX

Idea

In the Mac release of Evernote, you can press a combination of keys to just get the date to stamp into your note.

I noticed in the Windows release, you have two different hot keys to accomplish a date+time entry.

It would be great to have one of those hot key combinations or a specific one added to just have the date stamp into your note.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, RicknTX said:

In the Mac release of Evernote, you can press a combination of keys to just get the date to stamp into your note.

I noticed in the Windows release, you have two different hot keys to accomplish a date+time entry.

It would be great to have one of those hot key combinations or a specific one added to just have the date stamp into your note.

Pending EN implementing this (or not) you can roll your own hotkeys with something like PhraseExpress or Autohotkey or others.  FWIW.

It makes more sense to me to use a dedicated scripting program than having it built in on Evernote, because many of the free ones that exist, like Autohotkey, are very advanced in their own right, and usable in any program.  Here is a sample activation key that stamps the date and time upon typing ]dt

:*:]dt:: ; This hotstring replaces "]d" with the current date and time via the commands below.
FormatTime, CurrentDateTime,, yyyy-MM-dd;hh.mm.ss ; It will look like 9/1/2005 3:53 PM
SendInput %CurrentDateTime%
return

the result is:  2018-05-17;07.22.05

Just delete the following from the script if you don't want to see the time:  ;hh.mm.ss

The format of the date and time is very easy to modify, I use one for journaling in Evernote that produces the following output, which makes the most sense to me for the title of the note:

18-5-17: Thursday, May 17, 2018 | 07.26 PM

the Autohotkey script for that particular one is: 

:*:]ld:: ;This hotstring replaces "]d} with the current date and time via the commands below>
FormatTime, CurrentDateTime,, y-M-d: dddd, MMMM d, yyyy | hh.mm tt ; It will like like
SendInput %CurrentDateTime%
return

I hope that helps get you started, you can use the above scripts as is, or create your own.

Archived