Cannot see Tags to Edit in Evernote for Mac 7.1

On Evernote for Mac, all of my tags are unaccessible to view, find, select or edit in the main Tag view pane. The pane appears blank. However, I can access my tags in the Evernote iOS app and through the Web Client.

I'm running Evernote Version 7.1 (456449 App Store), Editor: 43.0.4829 (edb6eb7) on an iMac with 32GB RAM under macOS 10.13.4.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 4.58.45 PM.png

• Level 5*

You can contact Evernote support at 
All Accounts         Twitter @evernotehelps
Paid Accounts      Contact Evernote Support 

For self troubleshooting, my solution would be to remove Evernote and start with a clean install

• Delete the Evernote app, and all the associated files
    The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
  • Reinstall the app, login, and the database will be rebuilt from the server
    Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes
  • 4 weeks later...

I know it's troubleshooting 101 to delete and reinstall a misbehaving app but I haven't yet gotten around to it since I have close to 25K records which, based on past experiences, has taken a day or two for the database to downloaded and rebuild.

I was hoping someone could report from experience of having gone through the same problem with a simpler and quicker fix.

I know what you mean by how long it takes to get it all back. I have over 18,000 notes so it takes forever! I chatted with Evernote about this issue and I also posted in the forum. I am not sure if we are having the same issue but it looks like it. I posted a couple of screenshots. 

Here is what I posted in the forum... 

"Hi-I am running the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.4) and Evernote (7.2). I have seen this issue with tags for awhile now. I have 18,000+ notes. I am a paid user. 

It used to be that I would start typing in a tag name to rename it and the list would pull up (*see additional information). Not anymore. 

It used to be that if I didn't type anything into the tag search box, all my tags would be listed. Not anymore. 

I used to be able to see all my tags (when selecting Tags in the sidebar) and delete the ones with zero count. Not anymore. 

*In order to rename a tag I have to type it in (having selected Tags in the sidebar), it shows me (on the right) how many notes have that tag, nothing happens so I hit Return and it takes me to the notes that have that tag. So far not helpful. I then have to select Tags again in the sidebar and there is the tag that I wanted to rename! It used to be when I typed in a tag name, it would appear, I would correct the name and that would be that. Not anymore. 

Is it just me? Did something drastically change? Or??? I hope that someone can advise me. Thank you."

Does that sound like what you are seeing? 

The outcome from chatting with Evernote is she wanted me to try a force sync because the note count on my desktop Evernote and my web based Evernote are showing a difference of 5 notes. After the force sync, there is still a discrepancy. 

And apparently deleting and reinstalling the app is the next step. But I am wondering why I have 5 notes missing from the web based Evernote? That makes me nervous to start all over. I don't have a clue as to which ones are missing out of my 18,000+ notes! 

So anyway, that's where I am. 

I can now report that the problem still persists for me after deleting and reinstalling the app and supporting files, and having completed a full re-download/rebuild (forced sync?) of the database.

The process took about four hours with 24,350+ notes and several thousand+ tags as my internet provider has increased the download speed of my plan since the last time I had to perform a reinstall.

In the interim I am using the Evernote Web Client to edit and delete existing tags.

Darn. I am sorry that you had to go through that and it wasn't resolved. I haven't done the delete and reinstall and I won't be doing it. That's great that your internet provider increased your speed which I am sure cut down greatly on the time factor! I guess I am relegated to using the web version for now. I am really hoping an update will fix our issue. Thanks for letting me know that you tried the delete and reinstall. If I learn anything I will report back here! 

Archived