entire note highlights and can't add text afterwards

Word

I am having this issue.   When I click on my note it highlights the entire note in green.  There is no way to unhighlight it and I cannot change or add to the note when this happens.  This happens on the web version but not the desktop version.  Problem is that I am always on the web version through a google chrome.  Very difficult to keep track of needed changes to an encrypted note when I have to wait to return to my desktop version.  Why is this happening.  It is not an issue with my mouse. or mouse pad on the chromebook.  It only happens on evernote and no where else.  Anyone else having this issue? Tech support please help.  If it continues I will  discontiunue using it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  We're not Evernote support,  though this Forum is part of the help & support network provided by the company.  We're a (mainly) user-driven forum to comment and suggest fixes and work-arounds from our experience as (for the most part) long-time Evernote users.  The Support team is available on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a subscriber,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if the support link won't work for you,  or if you're not a subscriber. 

I can't offhand think of a reason you'd get a highlight on the whole note,  but do beware - if all the content is highlighted,  one random keypress could overwrite everything and lose your data.

Yes i am cautious of that although I have the note backed up so I did hit delete and nothing happened so the highlight is not real.  But it keeps me from actually placing my curser on the page and typing anything new.  Any ideas. I can't be the only one experiencing this. it does it on the web version but not the desktop version

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Word said:

I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Haven't seen any other reports yet...  have you tried using a different browser to access Evernote.com?

Archived