Issues accessing Evernote Support Channels Read more... ×
Martincas

Evernote and photo capturing

Idea

Hello 

Every time I take a picture with my phone, evernote saves it. How can I remove that?

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

Same issue. Very annoying.

Support has this answer which is irrelevant to android.  The "save snapshots" setting is non existent in the android app.

"By default, Evernote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch saves copies of photos you take to your device's Camera Roll. To turn this feature off, go to the 'Account' tab, select Settings > Camera, then disable "Save Snapshots"."

The iPod settings would correspond to the Android Settings > Camera "Save to photo gallery" option. This controls whether photos taken within Evernote are also saved to an album in Gallery on the phone. Is that the issue you all are talking about, @Martincas and @funkygrrl?

On 6/8/2018 at 9:22 AM, geralex1958@gmail.com said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for Android users,  as to 'turn off camera" or other, which disables photos from being uploaded to Evernote??

See my post in this thread. Basically, look for the COLLECT DOCUMENTS setting in the Notifications section of Settings. I found that it was checked by default, so I unchecked it. Voilà! This should do what you want, assuming that I understand you correctly (which I may not).

I have related issue - I make a note in evernote, attach the photo. Save. I go to share that photo from the gallery or Photos app (standard Android) and that that photo isn't there!  Why not?  Where has it gone?