Chris_PDX

Type to Scroll/Find Notebooks in Sidebar

Idea

I have a large number of Notebooks (100+, one for each client I work with) and am constantly jumping between them on a daily basis.  On the sidebar, I have to scroll up/down to find the notebook I'm after.  I'd like to be able to just click into the sidebar on any random notebook and start typing and have the sidebar scroll and highlight the closest match.  Just like you can on a folder list in Windows/MacOS.  It would make life sooooo much easier.

A keyboard shortcut to move the active screen area to that sidebar to begin typing would be nice as well.  

1 reply to this idea

3 hours ago, Chris_PDX said:

I have a large number of Notebooks (100+, one for each client I work with) and am constantly jumping between them on a daily basis.  On the sidebar, I have to scroll up/down to find the notebook I'm after.  I'd like to be able to just click into the sidebar on any random notebook and start typing and have the sidebar scroll and highlight the closest match.  Just like you can on a folder list in Windows/MacOS.  It would make life sooooo much easier.

A keyboard shortcut to move the active screen area to that sidebar to begin typing would be nice as well.  

It is possible to move a stack to shortcuts.  Put your clients in a stack and put that stack in shortcuts.  If you have shortcuts in the toolbar you then have one click and type access to a notebook search.  Might not even need the left panel open, and pick up some screen real estate.  ;)

Or

You can go to all notes context and use the notebook drop down in the search information area. Notebooks are searchable from there.  Using a text expander like PhraseExpress can make it a roll your own hot key option.