using on iPhone & Web, no way to know how much total storage I am using no?

Dan5819

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your notes take up (almost) no storage on your phone - recent and unsynced notes are kept in temporary storage,  and there's a search index somewhere,  but unless you specifically set a notebook up for 'offline storage' - when notes are downloaded for offline viewing - the space used for permanent storage should be minimal.  Temporary storage can be quite large,  but that will be cleared when the app is closed. 

The web server stores the notes you have uploaded,  within the monthly limits set by Evernote for your account type.  There's no way to claw back any of the allowance used - you're paying (if you're a subscriber) for the bandwidth used when uploading,  not for the storage space. 

Evernote desktop does occupy space - you'll have a copy of your database saved on a local hard drive.  You can monitor the space used there,  though there are ways to leave seldom used notes stored only on the server so as not to use up disk space.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dan5819 said:

is there no way of knowing how much data all of our notes are taking up no? strange... 

You can go to storage by app under settings on the phone to see how much storage is being used.  Thought, I don't think the number is 100% reliable.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dan5819 said:

is there no way of knowing how much data all of our notes are taking up no? strange... 

On my iPad (IOS),   Settings > General > iPad Storage > Evernote

F47B4926-986F-4914-B790-F18B5BFC8B0A.thumb.jpeg.12ff455403432c6892ac8d67cfe55300.jpeg

I have offline data

I will be syncronising all my Evernote notes with Google Drive using Cloud HQ so would be useful to know the total storage my notes take up, like on Apple Notes or Google Drive it can tell you how much storage all youe files or notes take up in their entirety.

Archived