bkmagnetron

Proposal for better Image handling

Idea

I have attached a screenshot of Microsoft Word Online, it shows how it provides mechanism to handle images i.e. when I right click it shows contextual options to Grow, Shrink and Crop.

And Evernote already has two contextual options in Images, which is download and gallery.

image.png.4b9e0b7fd69b13e145d5f92c9a333900.png

My proposal is to add 3 more which is Grow, Shrink and Annotate.

I know Evernote already provide Annotate feature via Chrome plugin but that doesn't provide an option to annotate existing annotated images.

And also uploading images directly from clipboard like in this discussion forum editor would complete the Evernote web as a full featured alternative to native clients.

word-online-image-shrink-grow-crop-min.PNG

4 replies to this idea

Hi.  This might do better as a votable thread in this forum - if enough people are in favor it stands a somewhat better chance of being adopted.  Would you like me to move it over?

Have to say my standard reaction to more style options for pictures or text is always - if you need better control over the presentation,  why not create the document in another app and attach the output file - DOCX,  or whatever.. to a note for future editing?  The existing editor controls are fine for casual notes,  and if 3 more options are added,  then the next person will want a couple of paragraph styles,  and someone else will want line spacing,  and before you know it Evernote just reinvented Word.

Having said which,  it looks like the web client is due for some tlc soon(ish) -

Yes please move it to votable thread.

I'm referring to new Evernote Web client(which is built using ReactJS).

I'm not asking anything new which is not in Evernote's native client(which I believe is powerful as a word editor).

There are several use case in which Evernote Web client serve better than installable native clients for example public computers, friends laptop who won't permit me to install anything on it and most importantly using it on Linux distro :).

• Like 1

Hmmn.  Moved.  For some reason my Guru superpower would only allow me to put this in a limited number of forums,  so I chose General Feature Requests since it would/ should affect all users...

Even the OneNote Online supports this feature. i.e. upload image directly from clipboard and resize images.