Can't email notes from Evernote

Hi, I just created an account here to seek help for this issue.

Yesterday I was emailing my notes because I need to uninstall the app and I'm not sure if I can reinstall it later, so I'm backing up my notes in my email.

The thing is that after sending a good amount of notes, the function stopped working for some reason. I try to mail a note and instead of showing the "email sent" message I get a "failed to send mail" and I have no clue on what could be the problem.

The app is up to date, I tried rebooting my phone and checked the sync is working, all as the help section said. Still can't send notes.

Any ideas on what to do? I really need to back them up and uninstall...

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums! Unless you have notes that are designated "offline," there's no need to back them up by email or otherwise from an Android device. The main copies of notes are kept on Evernote's servers, so they are already backed up. If you go to the Evernote Website (https://www.evernote.com/Home.action), you should see them all there. Uninstalling and reinstalling shouldn't have any detrimental effect on notes, unless they are designated "offline." It will reset your preferences, so you might want to write down what they are first. Notes are only downloaded to Android devices on an "on-demand" basis, as I understand it.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I don't have any note designated "offline". I'm backing them up because, like I said, I don't know if I will be using the app later but I need to uninstall. And I don't have a Evernote website, I'm using an Android phone and don't have access to a computer. The thing is that I need to have the notes available to read and edit if necessary, that's why I'm backing up to my email.

Today I tried again and for a while I was able to send notes, but after sending about 50 of them I couldn't send any more emails, just like yesterday. Is there any kind of daily limit for the mail sending?

• Level 5*

Notebooks designated as "offline" are still synced to the Evernote servers; all "offline" means is that the notebooks should be cached on the device so they're available when you're... wait for it... offline. I don't believe that there is any such thing as a "local" (meaning never synced to the Evernote servers) on Android.

For the email thing, you are bumping into a system limit: for basic accounts, you are limited to 50 emails sent per day (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247-What-are-the-system-limits-of-Evernote-)

Aside from that, you need to make sure that you are all synced, and you can verify it by checking your account using the web client.

hace 18 minutos, jefito dijo:

all "offline" means is that the notebooks should be cached on the device so they're available when you're,,, wait for it... offline.

That explains it I guess. Thanks for the clarification...

I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to continue with the back up.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, thirsty4souls said:

The thing is that I need to have the notes available to read and edit if necessary, that's why I'm backing up to my email.

You have limited options if only an Android phone.

You could open an account at CloudHQ and it will sync all  your data.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, thirsty4souls said:

That explains it I guess. Thanks for the clarification...

I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to continue with the back up.

If you're all synced, then you shouldn't need to back up via email. Is there any indication that you're not? And if not, then all you'd need to do would be to backup the unsynced notes.

hace 22 horas, DTLow dijo:

You have limited options if only an Android phone.

You could open an CloudHQ and it will sync all  your data.

I do have an Android phone. And don't have a computer right now, so I can't access my notes via Evernote website. That's why I thought it would be easier for me to back them up to my email, where I have access to the notes anytime I need, instead of opening new accounts in other apps and other complicated stuff.

Thanks for your help.

hace 19 horas, jefito dijo:

If you're all synced, then you shouldn't need to back up via email. Is there any indication that you're not? And if not, then all you'd need to do would be to backup the unsynced notes.

The problem is not the sync but having access to my notes despite not having the app installed anymore.

I already finished the back up so it's all safe and sound.

Thanks for your help.

Archived