bdeclee

Change encryption passphrase Mac OS

My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I could not find an answer to my question, which is "How can I change my encryption passphrase?" I have encrypted some text in a note, and while I remember the passphrase, I want to now change it. Not seeing a simple way to do this. I could copy the selected (unencrypted) text, make a new note, and re-encrypt, but surely there is another way... or is there? 

4 minutes ago, bdeclee said:

I remember the passphrase, I want to now change it. Not seeing a simple way to do this.

It's not simple but the method is to decrypt the text, then encrypt with the new passphrase.

Could you elaborate? When I decrypt the text by typing in my current passphrase, I do not see any option for encrypting with a new passphrase. The option to encrypt is grayed-out. 

1 hour ago, bdeclee said:

Could you elaborate? When I decrypt the text by typing in my current passphrase, I do not see any option for encrypting with a new passphrase. The option to encrypt is grayed-out. 

Right click the encrypted text > decrypt     5adf4ef08775a_ScreenShot2018-04-24at08_34_48.png.286ed8141bccbfca9e9355ee8d7f4662.png

Select the decrypted text, right click > encrypt with the new passphase

5adf4f8010257_ScreenShot2018-04-24at08_37_39.png.8fe4415ad0bf7da6d54c60f98781ef14.png