Today we're announcing the availability of version 6.12 Beta 2. You can download it here or check for updates (make sure you've opted in to get Beta updates from Options.)
We have a lot of work to do, and we're going to keep at it. In the meantime, feel free to check it out and give us your feedback!
Nick and the Windows Team at Evernote
Release Notes for Windows version 6.12
Note: Versions 6.12 is supported in OS versions Windows 7 and up.
- More easily manage and navigate your notebooks from the Notebooks View. You can access this by selecting 'Notebooks' from the left panel.
- Messaging to alert the user when they're approaching their notebook limit
- Drag & Drop of files and documents from Evernote to other apps
- Keyboard shortcut for renaming Notebook Stacks now consistently works
- Note statistics remain on screen when expected
- Misc. product bug fixes and improvements.
This is still losing data on note merges.
Set your sync settings to "Enable on demand sync."
Set "purge note content" to whatever number of days you want.
Go to another device (iOS, Web, Mac, another Windows PC) and upload 4 notes, all with 1MB or more attachment.
Sync this PC
Highlight all 4 notes by selecting note 1, and shift-click-note 4 and merge.
Evernote will note ensure the note content is downloaded before merging, so it will only get the content of the first note merged and maybe the last one, but not the ones in the middle. So you will only get note 2 and 3 titles, but the content is lost in the trash.
This can easily happen on just one PC if you are working on a project over a period of time, say taxes, or whatever, and at the end, you want to merge them all into a single finished note. If any of those got purged via step 2 above, you'll lose data.
A merge should FORCE all notes to be downloaded first, or at least refuse to merge if there are any unsync'd notes in the merge selection.