Restore Note to Version Before Any Changes Were Made

I recently made changes to a few of my notes created in 2015. I'd like to restore them since the date hierarchy is rather important to my OCD self (I'd also prefer not to sort by date created instead of date updated). However, once I accessed note history from Premium, I found that only the history after I made said changes was captured. Is there any way to recover my 2015 notes, before any changes were made?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
On 2018-04-23 at 5:35 PM, bornfreelovefree said:

I found that only the history after I made said changes was captured. Is there any way to recover my 2015 notes, before any changes were made?

The only other solution is if you have personal backups.

My guess is that NH is only capturing changes.  I have the same process, but I did capture an intitial version.

• Level 5*
On 4/23/2018 at 8:35 PM, bornfreelovefree said:

I'd like to restore them since the date hierarchy is rather important to my OCD self (I'd also prefer not to sort by date created instead of date updated).

You can edit both the created date and the updated date, if that makes a difference to you...

36 minutes ago, jefito said:

You can edit both the created date and the updated date, if that makes a difference to you...

Only in some of the clients, but the Mac client lets you do it and probably the Windows client.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, rezecib said:

Only in some of the clients, but the Mac client lets you do it and probably the Windows client.

The Windows client for sure; I checked before I posted... :) 

The web and Android clients, not so much.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:49 AM, DTLow said:

The only other solution is if you have personal backups.

My guess is that NH is only capturing changes.  I have the same process, but I did capture an intitial version.

That's what I've realized! Would be nice if the first capture happens to be the state of the note upon clipping instead of the first change.

Archived