NorCalBusa

Add "Undo" button for iPhone

Idea

Like many, I inadvertently deleted text within a note- lost forever.   Many ways to do it- in my case I bumped into someone I knew, started chatting (with the phone in my hand) and best I can tell must have hit something with each consonant I uttered as we spoke.  Or maybe it was aliens.  

Be really cool to have a classic Undo button (you all know how that works already).  Hit it a few times (or in my case, a few hundred- ugh)- it would have saved the day.  Can't help but think this was simply overlooked, be cool to see it appear.  Thx.

4 replies to this idea

3 minutes ago, NorCalBusa said:

Like many, I inadvertently deleted text within a note- lost forever.   Many ways to do it- in my case I bumped into someone I knew, started chatting (with the phone in my hand) and best I can tell must have hit something with each consonant I uttered as we spoke.  Or maybe it was aliens.  

Be really cool to have a classic Undo button (you all know how that works already).  Hit it a few times (or in my case, a few hundred- ugh)- it would have saved the day.  Can't help but think this was simply overlooked, be cool to see it appear.  Thx.

Standard undo on the iPhone is to shake the device, but you have to do it right after the oops.  Have you tried that?

Thanks, I didn't right away.  (Edit- I did try that about a half hour later- didn't do anything).

Some might like that, but I prefer to have a command button- there's plenty of real estate across the top of the screen.

4 minutes ago, NorCalBusa said:

Some might like that, but I prefer to have a command button- there's plenty of real estate across the top of the screen.

The IOS keyboard used to include this on the numeric keyboard.
This would also be my preference.

• Like 1

Guest Seth

Yes.  PLEASE add a back/undo button to the iPhone.