Recent Print Preview

Until very recently, probably before the last update     6.11.2.7027(307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829) ,  I was actually able to see a Print Preview when I clicked on it before actually printing...now I get a Save As Dialogue box to save the file as PDF file, which means I have to save the file and then open it to see a Preview. Why can't I just see a preview of the printed file. All this does is add a bunch of extra steps and a bunch of PDF files I really do not need on computer and then have to get rid of them.

Did something go wrong in settings with the last update?

Windows 7 64

Appreciate the information, but I tend to use the full Windows Evernote application rather than online application due to the quantity of notes I have and my constant use and retrieval of notes for research purposes. 

I re-checked the application and

1. when I select a note in a list of notes and click File | Print Preview, the note opens in a PDF viewer, with Foxit as my default PDF viewer....does the same with Control + Shift + P...., 

2. but if I open a note in a separate window and click File | Print Preview or Control + Shift + P,  a 'Save As' dialogue box opens and wants me to name the file and save it as a PDF file in the EN Database folder.

Neither of the above two behaviors occurred before the last update...just a simple preview window would open, I would check it, and if OK, I would print the note...very simple and easy...

Not sure if i understand a clear reason why there is a need to change something that is simple and easy to more complicated, non-user-friendly process, especially without a heads-up. 

10+ year user of Evernote, but this is exactly why so many companies fade out of existence if not in tune with customers and how they use their software & products...too bad...

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, warriorx said:

Appreciate the information, but I tend to use the full Windows Evernote application rather than online application due to the quantity of notes I have and my constant use and retrieval of notes for research purposes. 

My comment was based on my use of the native Windows Evernote client. I think the difference here is that I have Chrome configured as my PDF viewer, and I get a 'Print' button. Your mileage (on whatever PDF viewer you have configured) may vary...

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, warriorx said:

Until very recently, probably before the last update     6.11.2.7027(307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829) ,  I was actually able to see a Print Preview when I clicked on it before actually printing...now I get a Save As Dialogue box to save the file as PDF file, which means I have to save the file and then open it to see a Preview. Why can't I just see a preview of the printed file. All this does is add a bunch of extra steps and a bunch of PDF files I really do not need on computer and then have to get rid of them.

Did something go wrong in settings with the last update?

Windows 7 64

I see the same behavior.  Do print preview in a separate window, the Save as dialog appears, do it in the main window and the note opens in native viewer, Adobe for me.  Same apparent menu option under the two File menus, differing results.

What I can't remember is if print preview ever worked without a PDF window?  Don't print that often so just don't know.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, CalS said:

I see the same behavior.  Do print preview in a separate window, the Save as dialog appears, do it in the main window and the note opens in native viewer, Adobe for me.  Same apparent menu option under the two File menus, differing results.

Hmm, now I see. It behaves differently in the separate window. It seems as though when a note is open in a separate window, "Print Preview" acts just like "Print to PDF". Maybe they're being handled by the same command handler (that would be a bug)...

Archived