Deleted notebook which i cant recover??

Renaa

Idea

I accidentally deleted a notebook containing a very important note. I cannot recover it back nor can i find it...! What do i do?? 

I tried to contact evernote but for some reason i cannot find their email or contact. I dont know any technical stuff so i do not understand what they put on their web page nor why it is so hard to contact them and to get one note back? 

Is there a way to fix this? 

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

OK, so when you deleted the notebook, the notes in that notebook should have been placed in the Trash "notebook". Select the Trash icon, and use Ctrl+F7 to go to a list view of the notes in Trach. Note the Location column, and click on it to sort by "Location" (er, Notebook). Select all of the notes that have a Location that's the same as your deleted notebook, and right click on them, and select "Restore Notes". Your notebook should be back as it was.

I have tried finding it in trash but the note was under a notebook i didnt create. It was under something that indicated its not synced or something? I deleted it because i thought it was a copy of the one i had in my actual notebook. But it was the note itself that was moved there.. 

Is there another way to find out where it went? 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Renaa said:

I have tried finding it in trash but the note was under a notebook i didnt create.

Wait, you deleted a notebook that you didn't create? I didn't know that you could do that. I do know that if you delete a note from a notebook that's in someone else's account, then the note winds up in their Trash, not yours. So I guess you'd need to get it from the original notebook owner.

I cant find it on evernote web either... its not that its a note book i didnt create,  but its like a tab that just appeared out of nowhere and that note was the only thing inside.

Is there a way to track the history of my actions and then restore it through there? 

A similar thing happened to me all through evernote web. I accidentally deleted a notebook and all the notes in the notebook are gone. They are not in Trash.

This is a huge flaw. specially for a premium account. Is there any way I can recover my notes?

Update: this is the workaround that I discovered. I switched to older version of evernote GUI and there they were! in the trash! This must a be a bug because reload the new GUI web did not show me the lost notes. I would have also liked the notebook itself to be in the trash