Evernote for iOS 8.11 Released

annah

Idea

• Ex Employees

Hi all, 8.11 is now available for download in the App Store! As always, please share any issues or feedback. Thanks!

Release Notes: 

Experiments:
- We’re mixing things up with the tab bar by testing a few new options, so be sure to let us know your thoughts!

Fixed:
- When sharing notebooks, there was a problem with selecting the right account in the suggest list, but it’s now a thing of the past.

- When you clipped notes, it unfortunately sometimes created duplicates, proving that twice isn’t always as nice. But we’re now back to the normal state of one clip, one note.

- Sometimes tapping on an attachment in a note wouldn’t open it. All attachments should now open correctly, as you would expect.

- The app would crash after sharing a note via Work Chat, but we’ve fixed that now. Because nothing should stand in the way of sharing a great idea.

- Sometimes the content of your note simply wouldn’t load, and this could cause the entire app to freeze. But we’ve cleared things up, so it should be nothing but smooth sailing and speedy loading from here.

- Various other tiny fixes to stop crashes and catch bugs.

33 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Big button here.  Big  ...    ugly  ...    button. 

D5CA7334-D17F-4941-8125-86EDD8551E63.jpg.c7d193785e32a5dd4c88986ec62975c5.jpg

Also, I did have to do a reload of the data base when I updated my iPad.  Had less than 1/2% of my notes after the upgrade.  Worked fine on the phone.  Faster on the iPad like the iPhone, thanks for that.

If experimenting, would you pleeeease bring bullets and indents back to the main bar? It's simply sick to make so many clicks every time I'm making an indent, and for me this is basic way of making notes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dombir said:

If experimenting, would you pleeeease bring bullets and indents back to the main bar? It's simply sick to make so many clicks every time I'm making an indent, and for me this is basic way of making notes.

Isn't is just one click for indents and bullets/numbers are on the main bar?

ScreenClip.png.6c3eca5dc3b2ddde1c5e3bc8e0096e0b.png

19 hours ago, CalS said:

Isn't is just one click for indents and bullets/numbers are on the main bar?

ScreenClip.png.6c3eca5dc3b2ddde1c5e3bc8e0096e0b.png

1. Show indents

2. Make indent

3. Back to main keyboard

Annoying if you use it all the time while writing a note.

BTW, isn't it obvious? - when you move to right, you click left button, when you move to left, you click right button. Of corse! :)

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, dombir said:

would you pleeeease bring bullets and indents back to the main bar?

A valid request, but its not feedback for this release.
You should consider posting a separate request, or adding your vote to an existing request (link posted below)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dombir said:

1. Show indents

2. Make indent

3. Back to main keyboard

Annoying if you use it all the time while writing a note.

Might want to create a feature request for customizing that toolbar.  Take two items off the current and I’m sure someone else will have issues, put them closer together and fat fingering will ensue.  :unsure:

I haven’t spent any time in the iOS forum yet, so might very well be a known issue but I have saved searches that don’t return proper results.  One in particular “current reminders” pulls all my reminders from the past to present and tomorrow - I get 26 results on iOS, 62 on Android and 62 on Windows Desktop.  Web is also 62.  Running this recent beta - can’t say I noticed it previously or not as I was always quite connected via windows and android - this particular weekend, though, I’m running all off iOS.

19 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I get the small green button and dark background ... hmm

screen.jpg

I prefer this approach myself, it’s easiest to recognize. Studies have proven that an Icon + Text are the fastest for humans to recognize :) but I’m a very partial and opinionated professional. 

On 4/29/2018 at 1:15 PM, DTLow said:

It would help in troubleshooting if you can  post the actual search used; perhaps a screenshot of the search page.

The search is: 

reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+2 -reminderDoneTime:*

Right now, windows desktop shows 84 results, android 83 and ios (ipad) 46.   Everything appears to be in sync.  

• Level 5*
On 2018-04-30 at 3:11 PM, ej8899 said:

The search is: 

reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+2 -reminderDoneTime:*

Right now, windows desktop shows 84 results, android 83 and ios (ipad) 46.   Everything appears to be in sync.  

Have you noticed a pattern with the differences?

In my testing, I identified notes with a reminder but no date.  They are missing from the iPad search.

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

Have you noticed a pattern with the differences.

In my testing, I identified notes with a reminder but no date.  They are missing from the iPad search.

That would be the problem I have then.. I'll tag a lot of notes with a no-date reminder simply so they show in my "current reminders" list - no date required for what I'm using them for.  Have you come up with a work around at all so that the no-date reminders can be found in a search?

• Level 5*

4 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Have you come up with a work around at all so that the no-date reminders can be found in a search?

Only a separate search: reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:* -reminderDoneTime:*

In my current task list, I don't want to see no-date reminders.
In your example, I want to see the 46 dated reminders; not the entire 86
My search would be:   reminderTime:* -reminderTime:day+2 -reminderDoneTime:*

• Level 5*
On 4/23/2018 at 8:55 PM, CalS said:

Great update, seamless.  Also app is fast as I have ever seen it.  Really good stuff, thanks  

Minor  issue but none the less the BIG green button is just annoying.  It extends up into the note list a bit and draws attention for no good reason.  Sorry, but it’s like a zit.  Maybe your designers could rethink the recent propagation across platforms of this green beast.  

OTOH the performance improvements are stellar.  :)

Don’t know how it happened (haven’t upgraded that I know of) but the green dot fits once again.  THANKS!

12 hours ago, CalS said:

Don’t know how it happened (haven’t upgraded that I know of) but the green dot fits once again.  THANKS!

It seems the wheel of green boogers have been spun again.

On my iPhone it changed from white background, small button to dark background, oversize button. 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, pgdahl said:

It seems the wheel of green boogers have been spun again.

On my iPhone it changed from white background, small button to dark background, oversize button. 

Interesting.  I went from white background oversize button to dark background small button.  

Sort of reminds me of the old slot machines.  Where you pulled the handle until you got a combination of wheels that were winners.   When I get back home,  I'll be curious to check out this EN version on a range of older iOS toys.   I too prefer the dark tab.  Provides contrast to 'working' areas.  

34 minutes ago, wahi said:

Dang .. you have a "small" green button.  I am on-the-road at the moment and don't have my iPad Pro with me.   There seem to be at least three sizes of green buttons.  Larger than the tab bar, exact fit, and your "smaller" button.    Apparently the "green button" has free will. 

And a light and a dark background.

36 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm on an iPad Pro.  Light sidebar and smaller button.  IMG_2198.thumb.jpg.2e29babdbd8260706d31bd218d75bd7c.jpg

My preference is for a dark sidebar

I think the dark bar is awkward on the iPad. But I can live with it.

But, I really wish they would move it to the right side which is the right side. I bet the person making the decision about its position is a lefty who dislikes reaching (and blocking the view) across the iPad to interact with the bar.

Dang .. you have a "small" green button.  I am on-the-road at the moment and don't have my iPad Pro with me.   There seem to be at least three sizes of green buttons.  Larger than the tab bar, exact fit, and your "smaller" button.    Apparently the "green button" has free will. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, pgdahl said:

I think it’s some kind of split test. Just upgraded my iPad on which the “tab bar” is dark, but the button is the same width. That is, somewhere between the two screenshots above.

3 hours ago, wahi said:

pgdahl..... interesting!  On my iPad Mini 4 and iOS 11.3, my version of EN 8.11.1.362645 has a "big green" button that DOES fit exactly within the tab bar like yours.  However my tab bar is bright white.     (on my iPhone 7 the tab bar area is also bright while.   It used to be dark with previous versions on my iPad(s) and iPhone. - I didn't change any settings between versions. )

I'm on an iPad Pro.  Light sidebar and smaller button.  IMG_2198.thumb.jpg.2e29babdbd8260706d31bd218d75bd7c.jpg

My preference is for a dark sidebar; Its optional on a Mac

edited: I reinstalled, the wheel spins and I got the dark sidebarIMG_2201.thumb.jpg.f78b1756ff8c6f4ac5c961cbf7860ca4.jpg

pgdahl..... interesting!  On my iPad Mini 4 and iOS 11.3, my version of EN 8.11.1.362645 has a "big green" button that DOES fit exactly within the tab bar like yours.  However my tab bar is bright white.     (on my iPhone 7 the tab bar area is also bright while.   It used to be dark with previous versions on my iPad(s) and iPhone. - I didn't change any settings between versions. )

I think it’s some kind of split test. Just upgraded my iPad on which the “tab bar” is dark, but the button is the same width. That is, somewhere between the two screenshots above.

3187991A-B9C6-4F88-B311-FFFB567AEE96.jpeg

I'm also on version  8.11.1.362645 on my iPhone 7 (11.3) .  However the giant green button does still leaks up on the text page like your first image.  Not s big issue but i thought I'd mention that our icons are different size on some toys.

9 hours ago, paulvantuyl said:

I like all of the updates except for the size of the new note button :o Issa big button. Were users not able to find it? Not able to touch and hold for the hidden functions? 

I’ll probably get used to it, but it’s kind of distracting. Disclaimer: I have to admit, that I also have designed giant center action buttons in Tab Bars that extend outside the container.

IMG_058E4BF5F023-1.thumb.jpeg.5338f73964e9b0dd1823dd5f36142efc.jpeg

They seem to have tweaked this already. 

B218B7D7-CADD-42BE-AAFD-1B163E8C4AD4.jpeg

• Level 5*

Great update, seamless.  Also app is fast as I have ever seen it.  Really good stuff, thanks  

Minor  issue but none the less the BIG green button is just annoying.  It extends up into the note list a bit and draws attention for no good reason.  Sorry, but it’s like a zit.  Maybe your designers could rethink the recent propagation across platforms of this green beast.  

OTOH the performance improvements are stellar.  :)

I like all of the updates except for the size of the new note button :o Issa big button. Were users not able to find it? Not able to touch and hold for the hidden functions? 

I’ll probably get used to it, but it’s kind of distracting. Disclaimer: I have to admit, that I also have designed giant center action buttons in Tab Bars that extend outside the container.

IMG_058E4BF5F023-1.thumb.jpeg.5338f73964e9b0dd1823dd5f36142efc.jpeg

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, BasieBand said:

8.11 forced me to re-download all of my notes on both my iPhone and iPad, but seems to be working fine now.

I just checked and my offline notes are intact.

Did the upgrade change your offline settings?

Archived