rleggett

What happened to "Clip image to Evernote"?

Just what the title says.  The "clip image to evernote" option has disappeared from the web clipper context menu.  That was very useful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm wondering about this too. This function was probably the most useful thing in the web clipper Evernote. Now it's gone? I collect images for mood boards and inspiration for art / design work. I can't work without it.

I've used Evernote since the early days and I've kept up with the product. This is probably the worst thing that can happen at least in the way I use the program. I'd love to see the function restored.

In general, I know that I can drag-n-drop images and make new notes but I want to retain links to the original image, title, and whatever else. The image clip did that all. Some websites don't let me do nice selections and often times I find difficulty using the selection clipping.

• Like 2

Agreed. It's a terrible move by the webclipper product team. Crushed productivity.

• Like 2

Worst move ever, Evernote. It was my most used option. I will close my account if this doesn't change soon.

I came across this thread when I was looking for the reason of why this option has gone one day and the way to turn it back. I agree, that was one of the most useful features of the web clipper. Bring it back please!

Yes, I noticed that too! Welcome back Clip Image ?

Did the image clipper functionality disappear again? It is one of the best features and is sooooo useful.

Where is it? 

Screenshot 2018-11-30 23.49.30.png

15 hours ago, nyhunter77 said:

Did the image clipper functionality disappear again? It is one of the best features and is sooooo useful.

If I right-click on an image in Chrome on Windows, I get a menu with "Evernote Web Clipper" as an entry, and underneath it is "Clip image to Evernote". 

3 hours ago, jefito said:

If I right-click on an image in Chrome on Windows, I get a menu with "Evernote Web Clipper" as an entry, and underneath it is "Clip image to Evernote". 

Ditto for Brave browser.

Image.png.432ce58fcfafe2a29b72dc9739f65cd5.png

Ah I was confused a bit, i was actually looking for "What happened to ... Capture Selection from Screen which i use a ton for debug notes to my team at work (at the bottom of image).

The updated version of evernote sadly doesn't seem to have it

Screenshot 2018-12-07 11.06.36.png

35 minutes ago, nyhunter77 said:

Ah I was confused a bit, i was actually looking for "What happened to ... Capture Selection from Screen which i use a ton for debug notes to my team at work (at the bottom of image).

The updated version of evernote sadly doesn't seem to have it

Looks like this is not a web clipper problem; it's an Evernote for Mac problem.

23 hours ago, nyhunter77 said:

Ah so windows folks still have it? 

Evernote for Windows has had a screen clipper for years, and continues to do so. It's not related to the web clipper, though, which is the topic of this thread.