Jump to content
cyanideandwhiskey

Numbered lists not working

Recommended Posts

Everytime I delete something from a numbered list, it resets the numbers for everything afterwards. This has happened since the last update. The lists are quite long ones too (about 15,000 long) so when I go to reformat it it crashes a lot of the time too. This makes evernote virtually unusable for me. Any idea how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 12.17.40.png

Share this post


Link to post

This is a known issue with the current version.

Alternatives are to wait for it to be fixed, or downgrade to a previous version.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, DTLow said:

This is a known issue with the current version.

Alternatives are to wait for it to be fixed, or downgrade to a previous version.

If I do a clean uninstall will the fact I've got evernote on my phone keep the notes safe or will I still have to create a backup somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cyanideandwhiskey said:

If I do a clean uninstall will the fact I've got evernote on my phone keep the notes safe or will I still have to create a backup somehow?

Backups are a good idea, however the master copy of your notes is stored on the Evernote servers.

A clean install on the Mac doesn't impact the phone.
Very little data is maintained on the phones (exception for offline notebooks)

Warning: with a clean install, the database on your Mac is rebuilt from the server.  The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Backups are a good idea, however the master copy of your notes is stored on the Evernote servers.

A clean install on the Mac doesn't impact the phone.
Very little data is maintained on the phones (exception for offline notebooks)

Warning: with a clean install, the database on your Mac is rebuilt from the server.  The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes.

Thank you. Went back to 6.13, i think that's where I was before (hadn't updated in a while) and seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post

Credits to you for simply reporting a bug, and fixing the issue on your installation.
We usually see a lot more dramatics.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...