Scannable still under development?

Maddhin

Idea

Is the app still under active development? There wasn't a update for almost 1.5 years. At least on iOS.

The business card scanning feature went into the EN app already and for the scanning of documents there is a bunch of other apps out there which offer more features. I wonder whether it makes sense to stick with Scannable.

For some reason I always thought Scannable is the best option to use with EN but the app is so slow now and especially syncing with EN takes forever... Doesn't feel it works well with iOS11.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi  I'm not a Scannable user so can't do an accurate comparison,  but I thought most or all of what Scannable could do with Evernote was already part of the Evernote App camera feature.  The main advantage of Scannable in that context being that it is a smaller app and - allegedly - faster to use that opening the main app to add a picture note.  Scannable does do other things too,  but if you don't need the extra bells and whistles,  why take up space on your device?

Evernote don't usually comment on development queries - it's useful information for their competitors,  and creates an expectation that a service will be added,  maybe even before they've had a chance to check whether it will be possible on all the platforms Evernote covers.

I'd suggest uninstalling Scannable for a while to see whether you can live without it - one less app might also speed things up a bit...

Genius Scan+ works very well for documents for me on iOS - I love the option to choose the pdf size/quality especially if you scan multiple documents and the export to EN is fast. No business card option though.

Scanbot seems to be one of popular ones but I love the efficiency of the Genius Scan(+) work flow.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Maddhin said:

For some reason I always thought Scannable is the best option to use with EN but the app is so slow now and especially syncing with EN takes forever... Doesn't feel it works well with iOS11.

IIRC the Evernote scan function does not allow it to be saved to a pdf, just to an image ... or at least I haven't found the setting to change it.  Scannable does have a selectable option so I tend to use it for pdfs and use the Evernote scan feature for photos.  Scannable is still working fine for me on iOS11.  Maybe delete and reinstall to see if that helps.

10 hours ago, s2sailor said:

IIRC the Evernote scan function does not allow it to be saved to a pdf, just to an image ... or at least I haven't found the setting to change it.  Scannable does have a selectable option so I tend to use it for pdfs and use the Evernote scan feature for photos.  Scannable is still working fine for me on iOS11.  Maybe delete and reinstall to see if that helps.

Yes, 100% correct - that’s how and why I use Scannable. I also mainly use Scannable for individual pages scans into PDFs and for multiple pages Genius Scan+. 

But now you mention it, it‘s almost surprising the EN app doesn’t offer to save as pdf -> another thing to feature request haha 

Will see if a reinstall helps... 

Archived