• Level 5*

Hi.  Try uninstalling Evernote through Control Panel - you can always download the new version from Evernote.com and install it yourself instead of updating.  If the uninstall fails (which it might) check which version of Evernote you currently have installed,  and reinstall that to fix the installation.  Then uninstall again,  and download the new version to install.  You might want to check the new version release page however, since there seem to be some remaining issues...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
13 minutes ago, jm@jespermadsen.dk said:

Thank you, uninstall failed, tried the reinstall, but it cant find the path to the recent  one and is thus not able to install anything. 

Is regedit an option? I am caught.

Try using Revo Uninstaller to remove EN and then go to Evernote.com to get the most recent version.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Glad it go sorted.  Out of interest, "the scan function"?

That's a feature of Revo, I guess. You have the option to force an uninstall, and just delete everything that comes up...  I watched an IT from work remove Microsoft Office from my computer that way - he just selected everything, and pressed delete. Why, when I do that, do I always have problems with it?! Definitely do a registry back-up before doing anything!

Yes, scan provides a tree marking all Evernote-files. Then delete - and the few remaining will disappear at next restart. Revo seems to be a very useful tool - e.g. in those not so rare instances when Windows is "fixing" some issues...

Thanks again :-)

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, FactMan said:

That's a feature of Revo, I guess. You have the option to force an uninstall, and just delete everything that comes up...  I watched an IT from work remove Microsoft Office from my computer that way - he just selected everything, and pressed delete. Why, when I do that, do I always have problems with it?! Definitely do a registry back-up before doing anything!

Yeah, got that, thought that was it.  Just responding to the "...Revo uninstall failed..." bit.  Revo probably did do the job since scan is a part of it.  :)

@jm@jespermadsen.dk Glad it got sorted.  You are welcome.

Archived