Not possible to edit encrypted text, not in windows not on web

mhe

Hello,

I have 2 problems:

in the webinterface it is not possible to edit an encrypted message. When I open the message with the passphrase and click into the word to edit, the whole section is highlighted, it is not possible to edit the text.

The second problem is that under windows 7 I can't open anencrypted note anymore. The field doesn't react, I can't even enter the passphrase.

windows version is 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829)

But under android in the sam account and notice  it worked

what can i do?

Hello,
now another addition: in evernote under windows no notes can be edited anymore. I can no longer select text.
I noticed when I tried to create a new note, and then click in the text field that suddenly "-apple-system" is displayed in the upper left corner of the font field. It is not possible to change the font

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, mhe said:

Hello,

I have 2 problems:

in the webinterface it is not possible to edit an encrypted message. When I open the message with the passphrase and click into the word to edit, the whole section is highlighted, it is not possible to edit the text.

The second problem is that under windows 7 I can't open anencrypted note anymore. The field doesn't react, I can't even enter the passphrase.

windows version is 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public (CE Build ce-43.0.4829)

But under android in the sam account and notice  it worked

what can i do?

Have you tried right clicking on the encrypted icon in addition to double clicking?

• Level 5*

OK Windows 10 and Evernote 6.12.1 here.  I can open an encrypted page to see the content,  but I can't edit it.  It's not possible to create a new encrypted note either.  A new web client is -supposedly (again) - in development,  but I don;t know whether this is a feature they might include...

Meantime:  messing with encrypted text appears to be a desktop-only job.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK Windows 10 and Evernote 6.12.1 here.  I can open an encrypted page to see the content,  but I can't edit it.  It's not possible to create a new encrypted note either.  A new web client is -supposedly (again) - in development,  but I don;t know whether this is a feature they might include...

Meantime:  messing with encrypted text appears to be a desktop-only job.

Hmmm.  For whatever reason I can still encrypt text in a note and edit it once opened.  Just created a new note with 10 or so  lines and it worked fine.  Copy/Pasted from a web page and could encrypt it as well.  Same set up as you.  ???

Can you please check in your evernote software (windows) if you also have the name "apple systems" as first entry  in the font list (on every note). I don't remember ever seeing that before. Please see screeschot. So i think this is a part of the problem???

How can i repair evernote on windows? Uninstall and reinstall?

i did for security reasons an enex export before. Shall i unistall evernote?

picpic 078.jpg

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, mhe said:

Can you please check in your evernote software (windows) if you also have the name "apple systems" as first entry  in the font list (on every note). I don't remember ever seeing that before. Please see screeschot. So i think this is a part of the problem???

How can i repair evernote on windows? Uninstall and reinstall?

i did for security reasons an enex before. Shall i unistall evernote?

I do not have the font issue you reference, others have reported it though. 

Yes, a logical step would be to uninstall and reinstall.  If that doesn't fix the problem you could try a previous version, seems folks rightgrade to the last 6.5 or 6.7 release.  You can find them at filehippo.com

So, okay i did a reinstall. I took 6.9.7.

And it works!! So good !!

And "apple-systems" is gone...

The issue on the web interface (not possible to edit encrypted notes)stays.

Maybe this is normal, im not sure whether i did edit it there before. But I noticed this when I tried it, because the local software didn't work.

Thanks for helping to you all

I don't see where the first issue "in the webinterface it is not possible to edit an encrypted message. When I open the message with the passphrase and click into the word to edit, the whole section is highlighted, it is not possible to edit the text" was ever resolved.

I have this same issue when using the web based version of evernote to access my notes

• 5 months later...

Hi!

I have an issue with my encrypted note as well. It's not opening anymore.I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. I tried to do open the same note from my Android phone but the result was the same. The icon below no longer triggers the window to pop up that is supposed to ask for the  passphrase. Instead it's being recognized by Evernote as a png. image only. By doing a right click on it the option "Show encrypted text" is not available. The following options are shown instead: image.png.931166f1775b65ee8c9b8481743ffb87.png

image.png.46af18b5fdae533745a0fc05ebf358c5.png

Here's a snip when I double click on the icon: 

image.thumb.png.42277a98ccc5cb1a4756afaf9f6b07d2.png

Archived