Forum thread sorting - how to permanently sort by date?

tavor

• Level 5*

Forum thread posts default to sorting by vote. I can choose to select by date, but this selection isn't permanent. Is it possible to make sorting by date the default?

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, tavor said:

Forum thread posts default to sorting by vote. I can choose to select by date, but this selection isn't permanent. Is it possible to make sorting by date the default?

Yeah, this is a PITA.  I sent a note to @Shane D. about this last week.  She said she would take a look to see if anything could be done.

• Level 5

Ah, so that is what is going on! I was wondering why the posts with the most downvotes were at the end of a thread.

No warning by Evernote or their 3rd party forum vendor? Just throw a different sort method and let the users figure it out?

EDIT: Back again. I looked for a system to sort by date but could not find it. Even if just for the current session. The only sort I found was for Unread Content - far right side: Sorting 
* Newest first
* Oldest activity first

Nothing by Vote

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, jbenson2 said:

Nothing by Vote

Therein lies the issue grasshopper.  I guess the vote sort works if you are looking to solve a problem, get the most favored responses first as opposed to reading the entire thread.  But if you are a frequent forum visitor a date sort would be better.

• Level 5*

Yup - that's been annoying me for ages too.  Since there's no significance in the post-by-post votes (other than for some posters to express their disdain for the comments posted),  maybe we could just get that option blocked?

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
On 4/15/2018 at 2:44 PM, CalS said:

I guess the vote sort works if you are looking to solve a problem, get the most favored responses first as opposed to reading the entire thread.  But if you are a frequent forum visitor a date sort would be better.

I'm late to this party but I really hate the sort by votes default.  Please give us a way to set (and keep) sort by date.  At a minimum remove the ability to down vote or at least do not allow vote totals to be less than zero.  All that seems to do is just highlight posts that anger people.

I am not so crazy about the sorting either. The other night I saw bunch of ZERO reply posts as I scrolled down that I had not seen before and I check daily. Not sure how they were sorted when they were created but users were not getting any feedback or responses which can be frustrating for them I would think.

Archived