How to stop prompting "change access"

Titus

fslo8tJ.png

I have many shared notebooks with my friends and often shift notes in and out. This always appears when I shift the note location to another notebook. Any way to disable it? 

Also, is it possible for a default notebook to be a shared notebook? I have no idea why Evernote forces people to use a local notebook as the default rather than a shared notebook.

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's a lot of comment about the sister notice to this which warns that you're about to move a note into a shared notebook - the general feeling is definitely that each one should have a "don't show this warning again" option built in.  There should be a votable feature request thread about it somewhere,  though I don't have access to the link at present...

-And as far as I know Evernote does not force you to use a local notebook - if by that you mean an unsynced,  locally stored notebook.  My default notebook is a synced standard notebook and it shows me the usual sharing dialogues if I right-click the name...

Regarding the 2nd topic - it does allow me to select a shared notebook, but it always DEFAULTS to a local notebook, be it in Evernote itself or the new evernote clipper tool in Chrome.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Titus said:

Also, is it possible for a default notebook to be a shared notebook? I have no idea why Evernote forces people to use a local notebook as the default rather than a shared notebook.

On my Mac, I am unable to set a Local Notebook as a default.
- that wouldn't work to well in a cloud environment
I am allowed to set a Shared Notebook as a default.

Archived