Notifications or alerts when a shared notebook or note is edited by someone.

Rishab

Idea

18 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I moved this from Android Feature Requests to General Feature Requests, as this is not a platform-specific request.

I think it's a good idea. While there is a third party option that gazumped linked to above, some may prefer native functionality. Could be a useful feature to add to a tiered level of EN subscription (e.g., Plus or Premium). Maybe EN can buy SureFocus.

For those who like the suggestion, add your vote by clicking the up-arrow to the left of the thread title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, hodah said:

Bump

Please don't - it's fine to vote,  and to encourage others to vote.  But bumping topics is just noise (and against Forum rules).  There are suggested features that have up to 400 votes,  this one has (currently) 10.  Evernote tends to prioritise features that will benefit the majority of members,  and the company doesn't, ever,  (hardly) ever,  comment on whether or why they adopt some ideas and not others...

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, brunolopes said:

You can't call evernote a tool for team work and project management without this feature.

See my post in April last year in this thread and Evernote Business for more...

Now that Surefocus has stopped functioning, is there any other app? The lack of notifications is driving me nuts. I've been using Evernote for around 10 years as a paid user... Notifications of note changes in shared notebooks is a pretty basic function and I'm surprised Evernote hasnt included this yet. How difficult is it to implement?

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, mrstevevietnam said:

Now that Surefocus has stopped functioning, is there any other app? The lack of notifications is driving me nuts. I've been using Evernote for around 10 years as a paid user... Notifications of note changes in shared notebooks is a pretty basic function and I'm surprised Evernote hasnt included this yet. How difficult is it to implement?

Possibly not hard to implement,  but almost a year ago I said "There are suggested features that have up to 400 votes,  this one has (currently) 10.  Evernote tends to prioritise features that will benefit the majority of members,  and the company doesn't, ever,  (hardly) ever,  comment on whether or why they adopt some ideas and not others..."

In that year this thread has added 6 votes...

I switched over from onenote because setting up another collaborative team member was way too difficult with microsoft.  Very easy with Evernote.  HOWEVER, I don't know when my team member is updating our notes and when I should be looking at the updates.  Instead, I have to alter my routine to look at Evernote daily, whether there were updates or not.  Not the best solution....  Please allow notifications for evernote updates!!!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, caroline69 said:

Ugh....I'm late to the party.  What do we use now that SureFocus is no more?

https://surefocusapp.com/

I have been sharing a folder with my husband this year and we need to see when one of us has edited or created a document in the shared space.  A push notification setting would be helpful.

Two suggestions - use a message app of some sort;  Evernote has a Slack integration forinstance...  Or (and you didn't hear this from me! 😎) try Workflowy which allows lists and notes to be shared,  and can be set to email a daily update of things that have been changed... 

Here's part of my setup: https://workflowy.com/s/example-stub/7eEN3KzuV67vG1qg

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Quazi said:

Still nothing from Evernote?

Evernote do not usually comment on when or whether new features may be available until they are available.  They make no claims that the app will notify users when changes are made - it's up to us to work out ways to use the feature as it currently is - or to find an alternative app that performs better.

I don't know of anyone who is using this as a team environment primarily because of this missing feature. If Evernote has any desire to be a true work group application in the business world this feature is a basic requirement 

• Like 2