Syncing/Saving issues

totalz

Lately, there's a lot of saving/syncing issue between server and the web client, which causes duplication of a note in bit and pieces.  The latest error causes 13 copies and I have to go through each one to find the latest one to continue.  This causes a lot of maintenance, not just to find the latest but also the need to delete the non-latest ones.  I also suspect unnecessary bandwidth is also wasted.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Kind of a classic intermittent/ bad connection problem.  The web page can't connect to save the latest changes,  then does so - and the note gets treated as 'new' because the old session timed out. 

I'm told - by users who seem to know what they're talking about - that it 'should' be possible to cache the note content and/ or get around communication breaks in one way or another. 

I have observed similar issues of disappearing content on a dozen other major web pages including this one where I have a bad connection.  Evernote seems to be with Amazon, FB,  Quora and a few other major players all of whom find a glitch here. 

The only answer that I've found is to compile my note text in another local editor and copy/ paste the content into a note in one operation.  If the content is a work in progress I'll also attach the source file I created and edit that later as necessary.

Archived