Web Clipper 7.1 Released for Chrome

Chantal Leonard

I'm glad some of the functionality has returned. Other important (to me) things are the keyboard shortcuts and the ability to right click and clip an image. Are these going to come back too?

Say Evernote, I still see a flash of allegedly 'related notes' just before the Clipper closes. Why? That is a completely useless feature for me. I do not want so-called 'related notes' -- not even a flash.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:44 PM, notetakeingguy said:

I am having big problems with this new Web Clipper. I use Windows 10 and Chrome 65.0.3325.181

I use Any.do task manager. It doesn't connect to Evernote but it is an extension and those tasks also appear on their web.any.do website. I noticed on my home computer that it started sending me from web.any.do to a different website. I asked Any.do why and they said, "Please note that if you're being automatically redirected this means that you have the Evernote Web Clipper installed on your Chrome browser. We've noticed that Evernote's last update made it incompatible with the Web app (and another page also). We're recommending users to contact them in order to request a fix."

A second problem is that it is web clipping some sites I use with really huge text and non-white backgrounds. These are mostly subscription websites that I have clipped with Evernote for a long time. But now the titles are huge and the background isn't always white. And if I try to Simply Formatting in 6.11, it runs all the text together. In 6.7.4, it erases the whole note. First screen (Registration for Medical App Makers) is how it used to be, Second screen (Abbot) is now and I don't like this huge text and the fact that I can't fix it.

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Same problem here, all title headings are showing up in Evernote at 83pt size (simplified article clip), on Chrome Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacBook Pro.

Also, all my webclips (simplified article clips) are now fixed width, they do not wrap properly, they have line breaks in the text. This is very undesirable. 

I am not sure if this has been discussed I don't frequent the extension forums as much.

I use Google Chrome in Full Screen and when I need to clip something I have to get out of the full screen mode. This could be a Google issue of course, however, the right click gives me the Web Clipper menu which would allow me to stay in Full Screen mode....but of course, I get half the options for some reason.

image.thumb.png.4ea563386ca43949247ddb99d1a3b3a9.png

It would be nice to have all the options.

image.png.dd7f89ad2935bbd2f9df6fd8c44a0fbd.png

On 5/7/2018 at 12:53 PM, philc2001 said:

Same problem here, all title headings are showing up in Evernote at 83pt size (simplified article clip), on Chrome Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit) on MacBook Pro.

Also, all my webclips (simplified article clips) are now fixed width, they do not wrap properly, they have line breaks in the text. This is very undesirable. 

Both of these issues are very annoying.

• 2 months later...

If you're considering upgrading to the newest release, I WOULD STRONGLY URGE YOU TO NOT DO IT.

It's a dog's breakfast of problems: refusing to clip, long sync times, sometimes doesn't sync at all. I urge you to wait until they get the abundant bugs squashed. I wish I hadn't downloaded it; it's causing a nightmare.

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, lometogo said:

If you're considering upgrading to the newest release, I WOULD STRONGLY URGE YOU TO NOT DO IT.

It's a dog's breakfast of problems: refusing to clip, long sync times, sometimes doesn't sync at all. I urge you to wait until they get the abundant bugs squashed. I wish I hadn't downloaded it; it's causing a nightmare.

7.4 is the current release, seems to be working well, for me anyway. 

Archived