Jump to content
Introducing 'Templates' for Evernote Read more... ×
Notebook Limit Increase Read more... ×
OMNIZEN

What’s missing from Evernote Spaces

Recommended Posts

With Evernote spaces coming out, I was excited to see the new improvements for team and collaboration. We tried using Evernote as a team and business but was limited in functionality and features.  We decided to give Evernote Spaces a try. But, soon became disappointed. I compared our experience with Evernote Spaces with other apps mainly Dropbox Paper and Asana. It was my hope to see some new features to keep everything in one place, collaborate and work in team digital setting but this update is severely lacking what is required ina collaboration app in 2018. 
 
 Features missing from Evernote Spaces 
 
1- Note Comments / Note Chat
 
Being able to have comments and conversations within a document is really the industry standard with collaboration apps. Evernote spaces looks cool but the functionality within a note hasn’t really changed at all. You can’t comment on text within a note, or add text at the same time without conflicts and no way to see who’s editing what. How on earth am I suppose to collaborate with people without these basic features??? Even trying to use WorkChat seems backwords, no integration or functionality between Spaces and WorkChat, just segregated and kindof useless. It’s frustration trying to go back and forth between WorkChat that really make it inconvenient to use. It’s just boggling that app developers and people at Evernote would over look such obvious features that a lot of apps have.
 
2- Assigned ToDos / Due Dates & a Centralized place see all the todos ! 
 
Wouldnt it be cool to be able to tag people within a note, assign tasks to people and set up due dates?  Asana and Dropbox do this well (and there free!) what if you could see everything in one place. See all my todo’s and reminders in a central place. But Evernote Spaces there’s no way to see all todos from notes shared. Is it me or isn’t it hard to keep track of everything and trying to “remember everything” when you can’t see all todos in one place. Asana does this in great fashion you can tag people, see what all my assigned ToDos are and even see my team mates due dates! Evernote you basically have no idea where ToDos are, who has what tasks or anything. 
 
3- Real Time Collaboration and History Tracking 
 
It would be a lot easier if Evernote spaces would have the ability to show my team members changes within a document when editing a documents/notes. How would I have multiple people working within a document and not have the ability to see the changes? (theres no revision history or tracking).  When changes are made in Evernote Spaces, it just shows up as “What’s new” but I’m not able to do any real collaboration within a note with a team. Again other collaboration apps have these features and they are free ... 
 
I just don’t get it. Dropbox Paper is everything I wish Evernote Spaces should be in a collaboration space. Asana is the best I’ve found for project management and team work. Wouldn’t it be great if Evernote had those features all in one ?
 
Evernote I just don’t get the disconnect... I just don’t understand why a lot of features were overlooked. I sometimes wished I worked for Evernote I would be able to bring some sensible improvements. I want to see Evernote do well and have more of my team on the platform, people but I feel Evernote team misses what people are really looking for in a tool to brings everything together...
 
 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post

Omnizen:  I agree with everything you say.  We have had exactly the same experience as yourself. We use evernote as our main data storage for everything.  But when it comes to real collaboration it really doesnt work. The best evernote has is a note has been updated and therefore shows in the latest note updated box. It doesnt show what was updated or by who!  Yes evernote has reminders. But they dont link to specific tasks or to individuals on the team.  Please Evernote, learn from what Omnizen has said and please implement in your next update. We also are already using Dropbox Paper and it works.  We really want to work in one app though.  Evernote. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I need to share Spaces with others outside of my business and domain but it does not appear to permit this feature.
Please reconsider and enable this capability as the nature of work today requires this.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Richard Williams
Richard Williams & Associates Inc
Business User and Evernote Admin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, OMNIZEN said:
With Evernote spaces coming out, I was excited to see the new improvements for team and collaboration. We tried using Evernote as a team and business but was limited in functionality and features.  We decided to give Evernote Spaces a try. But, soon became disappointed. I compared our experience with Evernote Spaces with other apps mainly Dropbox Paper and Asana. It was my hope to see some new features to keep everything in one place, collaborate and work in team digital setting but this update is severely lacking what is required ina collaboration app in 2018. 
 
 Features missing from Evernote Spaces 
 
1- Note Comments / Note Chat
 
Being able to have comments and conversations within a document is really the industry standard with collaboration apps. Evernote spaces looks cool but the functionality within a note hasn’t really changed at all. You can’t comment on text within a note, or add text at the same time without conflicts and no way to see who’s editing what. How on earth am I suppose to collaborate with people without these basic features??? Even trying to use WorkChat seems backwords, no integration or functionality between Spaces and WorkChat, just segregated and kindof useless. It’s frustration trying to go back and forth between WorkChat that really make it inconvenient to use. It’s just boggling that app developers and people at Evernote would over look such obvious features that a lot of apps have.
 
2- Assigned ToDos / Due Dates & a Centralized place see all the todos ! 
 
Wouldnt it be cool to be able to tag people within a note, assign tasks to people and set up due dates?  Asana and Dropbox do this well (and there free!) what if you could see everything in one place. See all my todo’s and reminders in a central place. But Evernote Spaces there’s no way to see all todos from notes shared. Is it me or isn’t it hard to keep track of everything and trying to “remember everything” when you can’t see all todos in one place. Asana does this in great fashion you can tag people, see what all my assigned ToDos are and even see my team mates due dates! Evernote you basically have no idea where ToDos are, who has what tasks or anything. 
 
3- Real Time Collaboration and History Tracking 
 
It would be a lot easier if Evernote spaces would have the ability to show my team members changes within a document when editing a documents/notes. How would I have multiple people working within a document and not have the ability to see the changes? (theres no revision history or tracking).  When changes are made in Evernote Spaces, it just shows up as “What’s new” but I’m not able to do any real collaboration within a note with a team. Again other collaboration apps have these features and they are free ... 
 
I just don’t get it. Dropbox Paper is everything I wish Evernote Spaces should be in a collaboration space. Asana is the best I’ve found for project management and team work. Wouldn’t it be great if Evernote had those features all in one ?
 
Evernote I just don’t get the disconnect... I just don’t understand why a lot of features were overlooked. I sometimes wished I worked for Evernote I would be able to bring some sensible improvements. I want to see Evernote do well and have more of my team on the platform, people but I feel Evernote team misses what people are really looking for in a tool to brings everything together...
 
 

 

Seriously this sums up what we want to see improved also, workchat needs to be visible I’m tired of clicking into a diff section of work chat I need it to show up either minimized all the time and a log of changes etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@OMNIZEN, great post on what would make Spaces work well.  At this time I am simply using Spaces to:

  1. Organize my business (real estate) with the many projects and tasks I am overseeing at this time.
  2. Marketing Mastermind with a fellow real estate professional.  We store our notes the discuss by phone.
  3. Planning events.

I am finding spaces easier to use than simply adding notes into notebooks.  I am a visual thinker and the pins and recent note previews work well, even though it is only me in certain Spaces.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, SVHOODS said:

@OMNIZEN, great post on what would make Spaces work well.  At this time I am simply using Spaces to:

  1. Organize my business (real estate) with the many projects and tasks I am overseeing at this time.
  2. Marketing Mastermind with a fellow real estate professional.  We store our notes the discuss by phone.
  3. Planning events.

I am finding spaces easier to use than simply adding notes into notebooks.  I am a visual thinker and the pins and recent note previews work well, even though it is only me in certain Spaces.

Thank you! Yeah spaces has a cool UI and feel it would be beneficial for both personal and business use. That cool your in Realestate, I have many friends that are in that space. Also, have many friends in marketing, more so in the personal development space. Where are you located?

Check out the new templates in the latest updates, they have a bunch of cool templates for planning. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OMNIZEN said:

Thank you! Yeah spaces has a cool UI and feel it would be beneficial for both personal and business use. That cool your in Realestate, I have many friends that are in that space. Also, have many friends in marketing, more so in the personal development space. Where are you located?

Check out the new templates in the latest updates, they have a bunch of cool templates for planning. 

Yes, real estate is awesome  🏡💕 I am in Silicon Valley - Palo Alto, CA.  Not too far from EN.  😊

I will most definitely check out the new templates! 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello both: How can I use Spaces with non-business-domain colleagues when it restricts me from doing so? This is very limiting.

I hope to hear from you with suggestions.

Richard

Share this post


Link to post

Workchat is in separate need of integration into spaces, this separate experience ruins my current colllboration flow

 

workchat needs to always be present and have far more notifications alerts in IOS pro devices as i never know when I get a message. It also needs to not be a separate experience it should be floating or always there so you can go into a  space and chat while shifting 

PLEASE FIX WORKCHAT on IOS PRO DEVICES AND PHONES!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×