nunograca

Searching for the word "will" returns all of my notes on the Windows client

When doing a search for the word "will", on the windows client, all notes are returned as the search result, when in fact they don't have the word. This doesn't happen in the web app. Searching for variations like "wil" or "willl" produces good results. "Will" this be fixed ?

Hmmm, wondering whether "will" is a stop word, and ignored by search (evidently "the" is also a stop word). Try quoting it in your search (i.e., use "will" rather than will).

• Like 1

Hi.  I don't think the the word is being 'found' at all - search engines ignore many standard words and phrases and Evernote sees your search in this instance as being a total wildcard.  I had the same experience when I was looking for a note on a will-writing service and absent-mindedly tried that search.  If you check the search explanation for each search,  this is what I get...

When I search for 'inheritance'

5ace41f618b56_ScreenClip7.png.98aa25ab90cb602296ef5f6a0454c950.png

...and when I search for will

5ace41f926705_ScreenClip8.png.442bd11cc1df0e0e1809c92fce7eaa50.png

I'd imagine all modal words would be excluded - can/could, may/might, must, will/would and shall/should.

In my case I searched for other words related to the will service - and found it.  :)

Thank you for clearing the matter guys, quoting it works, was so caught up in the matter that somehow didn't think of will like a modal verb, only as a noun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nunograca said:

Thank you for clearing the matter guys, quoting it works, was so caught up in the matter that somehow didn't think of will like a modal verb, only as a noun.

No problem; I didn't know that Evernote used stop words, so I learned something here.