Pasted Screenshots Automatically Get Resized

Hi Everyone,

I'm coming here to check if others are also facing the same problem I have.

All the screenshots I paste into notes get to automatically resized to fit the page. It ends up looking unnecessarily zoomed and consequently less sharp than it originally was. It can be resized manually, but it's tedious and it's hard to get the original size accurately by dragging.

I've reported this to the support staff a year back, and followed through recently, but it seems the issue can't get enough traction to merit an immediate fix.

Are you also facing the same issue? I'm on a Mac Late 2015 model. 

Yes answers will hopefully help me build enough push to get a fix done.

No answers will reveal to me that this may be unique to the configuration of my machine.

Thank you in advance.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Ronixus said:

All the screenshots I paste into notes get to automatically resized to fit the page.

A screenshot is simply an image file.
Notes in Evernote are able to contain images as file attachments.  I use this feature for many notes.

On my Mac, the only images that display resized are the ones larger than the page.  Other images are shown in the original dimensions.

I'm not clear on the "fix" you're looking for.
I apreciate that the image display is resized to the page size.  Some of my images are very large.

Actually my case is reverse: small images get zoomed to fit the page. Try to take a screenshot of an icon for instance, and paste it. It will be scaled up, rather than be pasted with the original dimensions.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Ronixus said:

Actually my case is reverse: small images get zoomed to fit the page. Try to take a screenshot of an icon for instance, and paste it. It will be scaled up, rather than be pasted with the original dimensions.

How do you take your screenshots?

Here's an example I just took

5ace27d9aba7d_ScreenShot2018-04-11at08_20_12.png.97f39155026ef167f69dd390251f1d0b.png     5ace26ffd2ef5_ScreenShot2018-04-11at08_15_01.png.a4e08bd4adfaf40963e9ad251a04503e.png

Thanks for the response. I'm using Shift-Command-4 (Apple default -  https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT201361).

You mean it's not happening to you? Is your Mac on a retina monitor? I think somehow this affects it.

The right click option "Capture Selection from Screen" results into the same thing. I took a screenshot of a portion of the Evernote window itself. You'll see how it ended up on my case below:

image.thumb.png.b69f1a54bb38cccde649a3304ae2badd.png

18 hours ago, Ronixus said:

I have exactly the same problem with my screenshots or pictures. You can resize them later (hoover over the bottom right corner), but this is not possible on my Android phone or via touch in Evernote for Windows. The team should definitely work on that.

Thank you @arnholdsan.

While it's true that they can be resized, it's but tough to resize them back to their original dimensions. My workflow involves taking screenshots of diagrams I made using another app. When I put in multiple diagrams in a single note, I lose consistency. They'd all end up differently scaled to some degree.

• Level 5*

Windows user here,  but this should still apply - in the odd case where I need to create a 'gallery' of images I create a table and paste images into the table.  They will be resized to fit the cell,  but you can always change the size of the cell...

Windows users can cheat anyway - we get a square icon at the bottom right of a selected picture which we can use as a 'handle' to alter the displayed size.  These two pictures (taken purely for research purposes,  you understand) started out the same size...

5ad2333062d64_ScreenClip8.png.941a3de1f76091660ab3f81181659ae7.png

Archived