Charles Grey

Evernote error message

When I got my phone I thought that trying out Evernote would be a good idea. Anyway, a week on..... I now keep getting an error message pop up, a lot!! 

Data base Read/Write error - Evernote is not able to open the database file.

Ive no idea on how to sort this - please dont suggest factory default sad.png

Thank you smile.png

What operating system or phone type? iPhone or Android, basically? For Android, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling, and maybe restarting the phone in between. I assume iPhone might work similarly, but I have no experience or knowledge there. As I understand it, Evernote doesn't download all your note content to a mobile device, only an index; content is downloaded as requested (by opening a note). So if the database on your phone is corrupted, it would only be the index. The error could also conceivably result from a temporary connectivity problem also, which would presumably clear up in a short time.

OK. I see someone has helpfully moved this thread to the Android forum. I thought I'd seen similar problems before, and a search turned up this older thread:

You could try the steps suggested there.

Yup I'm still using my Note 4 with Evernote and no problems that I'm aware of...