CHANGE COLOR OF SELECTED NOTE

Go to solution Solved by Greg Jewett,

I'm not sure when it changed, but it's totally driving me crazy!!! The "Highlight" Color of the Selected Note is of such a minute color variation from the rest of the listed Notes, that I have a hard time distinguishing which Note is actually selected. I have 6 external (older) Dell LCD Displays connected to my Mac Pro, and I have to move at just the right angle to tell which Note is Selected.

I have looked for a Setting to change the "Highlight" Color for a Selected Note, but cannot find one anywhere. I do see the Option to "Use Dark/Light Sidebar", but this is not what I am looking for.

Why are there no Settings for the look of the UI?

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

I too have several Dell monitors and noticed the washed out look when selecting of a note in the note list.  But I found the fix, at least in my case.

I might offer some troubleshooting that I did.  This applies to Windows and Mac.   Each platform has a different way of configuring it, and I am a Mac user, so I will explain how I do it on a Mac, and you will need to figure out the Windows equivalent.

1. Open System Preferences, and select "Display".
  2. Display settings windows will appear on each screen, so make you are looking for the window on th Dell monitor.
  3. Select the "Color" tab.  This is for the ColorSync profile.
  4. Select from the list the "Calibrated" colorsync profile for the Dell Monitor, it is usually named after the model of the monitor (automatically determined).
  5. This made a DRASTIC change for, changing the washed out yellow selection look to a gray darker selection.  The text also start to pop a bit more, making it easier to read.

GOOD LUCK!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...

Agree... "The "Highlight" Color of the Selected Note is of such a minute color variation from the rest of the listed Notes, that I have a hard time distinguishing which Note is actually selected." ... even in version 10.

Would making it 20% more contrasted hurt anything?