Sign in to follow this  
ConradD

Please improve text editor

Idea

Hello!

I still miss more ambitious formatting and structuring options to give larger notes a clearer look. The Evernote editor reminds me in HTML-Editors I've used 20 years ago ... Some examples:

• There are no paragraph / style templates ... (And if you choose to implement them, please don't forget to make them addressable by hotkeys as well.)
  • Automatic structuring* works on one level only (simple numbering). If you try structuring with numbering and indentions, you end up in a mess.
  • Manual structuring is a drag! The Evernote editor interprets the manual inputs and converts them into - often incorrect  - automatic numbering. Disabling the automatic numbering deletes the manually set numbers too .... aaaahhhh!!!
  • The tabs for the automatic indentation of numbering are using positions other than indenting with the tab key!?!?

I know that an online editor can't offer such mighty features as e.g. MS-Words - but I've seen much better text-editors on the web so far.

Kind regards
Conrad

*I'm German, I'm not sure if this is the right term. In German it is "Automatische Gliederung". What I mean is automatic formatting, indention and numbering in more then one level, based on the template - something like this:
1. Evernote
Asd asd asd asd asd 
1.1 Good
The good feature are:
1.1.1 Online
bla bla
1.1.2 Offline
this and that
1.2 Bad
Dubidu
1.3 Fair
1.3.1 Search Option

2. Other Editor
2.1  ...

1 reply to this idea

On 4/9/2018 at 8:21 PM, ConradD said:

Hello!

I still miss more ambitious formatting and structuring options to give larger notes a clearer look. The Evernote editor reminds me in HTML-Editors I've used 20 years ago ... Some examples:

• There are no paragraph / style templates ... (And if you choose to implement them, please don't forget to make them addressable by hotkeys as well.)
  • Automatic structuring* works on one level only (simple numbering). If you try structuring with numbering and indentions, you end up in a mess.
  • Manual structuring is a drag! The Evernote editor interprets the manual inputs and converts them into - often incorrect  - automatic numbering. Disabling the automatic numbering deletes the manually set numbers too .... aaaahhhh!!!
  • The tabs for the automatic indentation of numbering are using positions other than indenting with the tab key!?!?

I know that an online editor can't offer such mighty features as e.g. MS-Words - but I've seen much better text-editors on the web so far.

Kind regards
Conrad

*I'm German, I'm not sure if this is the right term. In German it is "Automatische Gliederung". What I mean is automatic formatting, indention and numbering in more then one level, based on the template - something like this:
1. Evernote
Asd asd asd asd asd 
1.1 Good
The good feature are:
1.1.1 Online
bla bla
1.1.2 Offline
this and that
1.2 Bad
Dubidu
1.3 Fair
1.3.1 Search Option

2. Other Editor
2.1  ...

I Will Try to follow this all thank you for share awesome Steps.