what's the methods & ways & systems of 'tagging' that has actively been updated within the last 6 months? need link

evernotehard

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, evernotehard said:

what's the methods & ways & systems of 'tagging' that has actively been updated within the last 6 months? need link

Could you please add some detail to your request.
afaik   There's no change to the "methods & ways & systems" but if you identify your device/platform we might have more information.

• Level 5*
On 4/7/2018 at 9:34 PM, evernotehard said:

like you know how there many different ways of users tag things

and you know how there's various blogs about such things?

There are many blogs out there with different schemes; for example Task Management    https://thesecretweapon.org/the-secret-weapon-manifesto/setting-up-the-secret-weapon/

The Mac/Win/Web platforms support a tag hierarchy function which helps in tag organization.
I also prefix my tagnames; for example colour-blue, colour-red; colour-green.
I also group my tags into ?Who, !What, @Where, .When with the prefixes >!@.

Did you have a specific area of interest.  I have different standards depending on the type of note.
For example, Receipts have tags for vendor and budget class

looks like tagging is the way to go, since the search syntax ever has does not appear to be any better than onenote (it has more specific searches but these are all useless) --

i do all kinds of notes/info if they're important enough, but to see of a good way that is already well-known out there

maybe it would be easier/simplier to just see what are the 'types'/kinds/forms of notes/info

here's my draft of the kinds of notes -- http://talk.dynalist.io/t/uses-at-what-step-or-stage-info-is-at-preliminary-notes-on-notes-at-what-class-or-use-of-info-are-these/2225

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, evernotehard said:

tagging needs the additional step of 'tagging' every single time, ever single note, even if it's just a quick note....

You can add the step to your note management process.  Not everyone tags every note.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, evernotehard said:

* evern autocompletes your tags, doesn't it? to prevent missepllings mislabellings

This screenshot is from my Mac5aca5a3ee254d_ScreenShot2018-04-08at11_05_48.png.4e52cd940b35deed15c24caab9af934a.png
I start typing a tagname and a dropdown list appears with tagnames to chose from

>>* tagging needs the additional step of 'tagging' every single time, ever single note, even if it's just a quick note....

It depends on your pocess choice.
There are users who don't use tags and rely on text search.
My process is to tag evernote with multiple tags.

• notes are created in my default Inbox notebook, then processed when I have time
  • I use a script (Mac) to automate and standardize this processing
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, evernotehard said:

tagging needs the additional step of 'tagging' every single time, ever single note, even if it's just a quick note....

Depends how you structure your notes.  It's quite possible to operate without tags by relying on the search grammar...

Archived