Text Formatting Issue

Hey all,

Since apparently a bug in the software isn't worthy of supports time because I don't pay, I have to come here. (lazy, tbh. Bugs should be supported at all times.)

I have a few different template notes I've been using for emails for the last few months. It makes it easier to work outside of Gmail, and then copy in. However, over the last few weeks I've noticed issues cropping up, and they come back without warning, even after I've tried to remove them. Here are my issues.

• When pressing enter to create a new bullet, sometimes my 12pt Verdana (any font really) becomes a 14pt font that is purely labeled as 'Font' when you look at the description ribbon.
    • To change this font, I cannot select the whole document and format. I have to select ONLY the offending lines and change each line manually.
      • This issue will sometimes recreate itself.
  • When I enter a new bullet off a main bullet, it sometimes injects '4' spaces after the start of the bullet, requiring me to hit backspace 4 times.

These issues are ludicrous for a text editor, and if I try to create new notes, and copy over, it brings over the broken portion of my note, and the fun just starts again. 

Any ideas of what's happening here, so that I might be able to not ask other people "Do you use a note program that doesn't break like Evernote does?" I literally just need a text editor that has cloud saves. It can be any editor, I just kept using Evernote after I received my original account via a physical notebooklet I was given.

Thanks again!

• Level 5*

All users can contact Evernote Support at  Twitter @evernotehelps 

>>Do you use a note program that doesn't break like Evernote does?

I find the Evernote editor ok for basic notes.
For more serious work, I use dedicated editor apps; Word/Pages for word prrocessing, Excel/Numbers for spreadsheets, .....  I use Notability on my iPad.
The documents are stored in Evernote as note attachments.
Evernote works well with office/iwork/pdf files.

• 1 year later...

I too am looking for a simple guide to controlling formatting

I want EN to stop trying to "do me a favor" and let me default to simple text and remove formatting on pasted data

Sorry to tag along on this  but when help is via forums you are pretty much allowing any and everything

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Lowdown said:

remove formatting on pasted data

To remove formatting: make selection, Ctrl+Shift+<space>

To revert to default font: make selection, Ctrl+<space>

These just modify the formatting; they won't remove hyperlinks. To to that, right click on the text, and select "Remove", or move the cursor into the text and type Ctrl+Shift+R